Skip to content

Discuss This Honda launches new 77mpg 700cc parallel twin family with Integra super-scoot New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Honda launches new 77mpg 700cc parallel twin family with Integra super-scoot

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Guy Procter  says:

Honda launches new 77mpg 700cc parallel twin family with Integra super-scoot

This is the 2012 Honda Integra – a 700cc parallel-twin-engined production version of the Mid Concept super scooter shown last year. Pitching into the huge-selling TMAX market with a second-generation dual-clutch gearbox and staggering claimed economy of 77mpg, it's almost certainly the most significant new bike Honda launch in 2012 - if not for you then certainly for the firm. It...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (26 September 2011 11:16)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MrToadx

Sep 09

MrToadx says:

Honda Mid Scooter

Great news.. I have been waiting for this for some time - I just hope that a ) it comes to UK (unlike VTR250), b) it is priced sensibly, and c) it rides as well as my VFR800 and SH300....

Reply to this Topic
snave

Aug 02

snave says:

What's it for..?

77mpg..? not enough. Aerodynamics of a house brick, I guess. And what's the weight? THAT'S the performance differential in this class, as they are all overweight - but the tourers are grossly overwweight. I suspect this will be in the grossly overweight category too...Don't know why comparisons are being drawn between this and the TMax - the TMax is a sports-oriented scooter less balanced toward the practical side of the equation. This creation is squarely targetted at the Burgman 650 and the now-demised GP800. Single front disc confirms this. This ain't no sports bolide, scooter or otherwise.

And what about service intervals and life-cycle costs? Dual clutch servicing at suitably-equipped main dealer only?

Reply to this Topic
sack1

Aug 02

sack1 says:

I think this will be a hit. Not worried about service intervals at all. I'm more than sure Honda has it covered. I'm not in the market for such a bike but that engine makes me think of a naked bike powered by it.

Reply to this Topic
sixofone

Aug 02

sixofone says:

Interesting mechanical design and the focus on economy is welcome. Article comments re. TMAX show how poorly the scooter market (mainland Europe) is understood by the UK bike press, though. In Italy, TMAX is almost a brand in itself and up to 10,000 are year are sold. It's about sporty style, quality and ease of ownership. The Honda looks staid (but it's a brand new design!), has chain final drive and the chassis parts appear to be nothing special (is that a steel box swingarm I see?). Parts bin panniers are not going to cut a dash in Roma. And 17" wheels plus a "higher centre of gravity" will not necessarily offer any improvement on the TMAX's weeble-like urban chuckability...

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Angus...

I'm fairly sure that if you rode any of BMW's F range as conservatively as this bike's performance is limited to you'd get close to it's mpg... I can get 60mpg 2-up on a tour without particularly holding back from my F800R. It is time the other manufacturers took it seriously if they want their bikes to look like anything other than expensive toys.

Reply to this Topic
BBQdog

Jul 10

BBQdog says:

The end result is ?

... and then they probarbly gonna stick it in some heavyweight frame and throw away all the advantages they just developped. Am so fed up with all this clumpsy bikes.

Reply to this Topic
liamvasquez

Jul 11

liamvasquez says:

Hi Mr Honda

Instread of building some craply bloodly HAIR DRYER (Scooter) could you please use that time in making a GOOD bike like you used to do back in the '90s. What  happened to that road going V5 engine or a even a modern version of a RC45 come on Mr Honda, I think your time and money could be spend in making a good head turning superbike especially that not even the Fireblade is changing this year!!!! I think you are going on the wrong direction and remember it not all sales.

Reply to this Topic
BIKEGTS

Aug 02

BIKEGTS says:

Seems good

I had a TMAX 500 for seven years down in west Wales, and it was excellent as, like many ageing bikers, I have arthritis. I took it to Assen for Motogp as well as commuting, sunday runs, trips to London etc. I feel this new Honda could be the next step forward for serious all year round riders, but by all means keep a retro or a piece of exotica for dry weather fun  

Reply to this Topic
rlf3

Jan 10

rlf3 says:

DN-02...?

Like the DN-01 before it, this new concept maxi scooter bike hybrid thingumajig will probably be a sales disaster.

It combines all of the disadvantages of a poor conventional bike with none of the advantages of a maxi-scooter.

Bikers won't want it and neither will maxi-scooterists.

Reply to this Topic
middleagerider

Apr 09

it makes sense

As a DN-01 owner currently getting 66mpg on average with about 3K touring miles per year the promised fuel efficiency of the new model is not as attractive as the much improved screen to reduce buffeting, the better weather protection for legs & feet and the vastly improved luggage capability. I hope the position of the hand control for changing gear is improved and that the single disc at the front is as effective as the two on the DN-01. If they couldn't afford to engineer in the shaft drive that is so popular for ease of cleaning and maintenance, it is a shame they couldn't have gone for a belt rather than chain. After that it will be down to price - which of course they got sadly wrong on the DN-01. Thank you Honda for trying new things. I look forward to a test ride.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices