Skip to content

Discuss This Video: 'Born from MotoGP' Ben Spies on the 2012 R1 New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Video: 'Born from MotoGP' Ben Spies on the 2012 R1

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Video: 'Born from MotoGP' Ben Spies on the 2012 R1

In an attempt to link the 2012 Yamaha R1, which now features six-stage traction control, to MotoGP, this video shows Ben Spies loading up a day-van and heading to a trackday. The revised YZF-R1, with limited-edition 50th anniversary paint, revised front lights and 'MotoGP inspired top yoke', helps Spies to cut through the pack before advising fellow trackday attendees that the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (26 September 2011 12:43)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
madproffesor

May 04

madproffesor says:

So Yamaha giving a job in MOTO GP to the camera man?

Reply to this Topic
Crasher_666

Jul 08

Crasher_666 says:

Gay

Gay gay gay. And I'm not even a homophobe

Reply to this Topic
southspear

Apr 07

southspear says:

Sell out

Poor show, the bikes still miles down on power and overpriced compared to rivals, its also years behind in coming out with traction control and its still the heaviest of the lot....It seems Yamaha didnt want t have to dig into its pockets with a proper revamp and instead added a black box which they had had tons of free data on from their racing effrots. Only good thing about the update (in the real world) is the colour scheme. At least it still sounds cool which is the only thing on that clip that does. Dissapointed in Spies thought he was his own man and all that.

He must have to sell his credibility for a more competitive bike next year in motogp.

I agree with crasher 666.......gay.

Reply to this Topic
Kando

May 11

Kando says:

All I can say is it must have been a big pay cheque!

Reply to this Topic
Chilliesauce69

Aug 11

very funny indeed, cant blame poor old ben though as i bet he was forced by yamaha lol

Reply to this Topic
dev_d7

Feb 08

dev_d7 says:

Does Yamaha really think we are that stupid? I liked the brand before... but wondering why now!

Reply to this Topic
MrsDaytona675

Sep 11

A couple of nice ass cam shots there...

Reply to this Topic
crgrbrts

Jan 09

crgrbrts says:

It's, like, amazing!

Gee, it's almost as it they paid the Great Man Himself to say that.   But -- golly -- I believe the R1 really IS the greatest motorbike ever made, don't you?

Anyone want to buy my crappy old S1000RR real cheap?

Reply to this Topic
Toecutter71

Jun 10

Toecutter71 says:

I think this was hardest thing for Ben to do in his hole life...jii how stupid is ..." Ben how you do it that i'ts amazing!? ...you know guy's new YAMAHA is...bla bla"

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices