Skip to content

Discuss This Triumph Tiger 1050 gets makeover New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Triumph Tiger 1050 gets makeover

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

Triumph Tiger 1050 gets makeover

Triumph has given the Tiger 1050 a host of changes for 2012 including upgraded suspension, a sportier riding position and new graphics. The changes cover the 1050 and 1050SE models with the changes helping to give the bike a fresh and sportier appearance; something Triumph is doing to distinguish the bike from the new 1200 Adventure bike the firm will launch...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (27 September 2011 10:03)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
baytriple

Sep 11

baytriple says:

You would really have to know what the old one looked like to even notice the difference.

Reply to this Topic
Darkrapture

Nov 09

Darkrapture says:

Nice

Is a bit Benelli Tre-K in style, I like it!

Reply to this Topic
stavros012008

Oct 08

its actually quite nice to look at ...shocked lol

Reply to this Topic
herbec

Apr 09

herbec says:

front light

Shame that they did not changed the front light in a MUCH tronger one

For the rest: already amazing bike

Reply to this Topic
DavidHondaCBF

Mar 10

@baytriple

agreed! Mind you, I do know it very well and it is a very small improvement...

Reply to this Topic
stu_sp2

Mar 06

stu_sp2 says:

I have a 1050SE in Grey/Black from last year, great bike, great engine, hope the suspension tweaks have improved it though, i've spent a grand at my mate Mr Maxton to sort it out...ok, its not that bad that you need to go and spend that much on new front internals and a custom shock, but after ridining sports bikes for the last ten years you get accustomed to decent bouncy bits, so thats my personal choice....the bikes fantastic now..

They should build a new road based Tiger with 17 inch wheels and the new 1200 motor in it, there are lots of blokes a bit peed off that the new one is a GS clone ( i dont understand why some are suprised its this way!!) GS is the market leader and Triumph want a piece.....

Reply to this Topic
neveragain

Jul 11

neveragain says:

New Tiger 1050

I agree Triumph seem to have just modded the bike like most owners had to do to get the bike iust the way they want. Its a fact the triumph soft suspension gets even softer the more miles you do . I took mine to hyperpro and had it properly sorted . Its a lot more fun on the track now.

Buts its nice to see Triumph updating the suspension on most of there sports and urban models watching what the customers do with the bikes and adding it to the next generation of bikes.

looking forward however to having a ride on the new Adventure bike when it comes out with a 1200+/-cc engine although a few more horsepowers in the 1050 would have been great I often see others on track days when you sort the suspension ther real fun bikes .

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices