Skip to content

Discuss This Ducati Streetfighter 848 launch New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Ducati Streetfighter 848 launch

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Guy Procter  says:

Ducati Streetfighter 848 launch

Ducati is launching its new 848 Streetfighter at a brand new circuit in Italy this morning, and MCN's Trevor Franklin is there. It's a beautiful day there as it is here, and Trev's looking forward to an intensive morning on the new Autodromo Modena, followed by an afternoon in the real-world roads around Bologna. "It's a beatiful thing, and at £9,995...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (28 September 2011 09:04)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
baytriple

Sep 11

baytriple says:

Nice one guys.

I am interested to see how this bike works out as its painfully good looking. It would be great to see how it fairs with the Street Triple R etc. (my bike) Although at a £10k price tag its a little out of my price range...

Reply to this Topic
speedtrip73

Sep 11

speedtrip73 says:

?? How much

How the he'll does £10,121 mean that they have 'sneaked under the promised £10k threshold ?? Good Maths there then !

Reply to this Topic
Woodystock

Jul 09

Woodystock says:

Once again, I hate you, MCN, I bloody hates ya :)

Reply to this Topic
pedroerg

Sep 11

pedroerg says:

Great

My future bike...... or the Monster 796.....

Reply to this Topic
RageRider

Jan 11

RageRider says:

Love/hate.

I love the look and idea of this bike but hate the price.

It is just far too expensive baring in mind practically nothing has been especially developed to make this bike. It is basically a parts bin (very) special. The engine is obviously from the 848 and the chasis etc is from the existing streetfighter.

It shouldnt be any more than about 9k although that admittedly does put it in the same price range as the Monster 1100 but I tend to think that if you want an 1100 100bhp air cooled engine you dont want an 848 140(?) bhp water cooled engine. Different focus, ergonomics and market share in my opinion.

Either way I think if I had to choose I would personally buy the Monster 1100 evo or possibly even the MV Agusta Brutale 675 for supposedly 8k.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
brynhils

Jun 06

brynhils says:

Solved the Tank Swelling?

Nice looking machine but have they fixed the SF  (and other) plastic fuel tank swelling issues yet? Give it a year on Tesco fuel and that glaze will look like an antique cracked fireplace if they haven't. Metal fuel tanks again please Ducati, with a similar capacity to my ST3S - Some of us have to commute a single leg further than the present capacities have to offer!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices