Skip to content

Discuss This Harley 'cooler' than ever General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Harley 'cooler' than ever

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Phil West  says:

Harley 'cooler' than ever

Harley-Davidsons are  ‘cooler’ than ever, according to a UK survey of the coolest consumer brands. The American icon placed third – up from sixth last year – in the annual list. Aston Martin came out top for the second year running followed by computer giant Apple. No other motorcycle brand made the top 20. "We’re thrilled that this is the fourth consecutive year...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (28 September 2011 10:38)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
moorepitz

Oct 05

moorepitz says:

Damn !

Damn !
I'll have to sell mine if it's getting to be considered cool :-(
Shame because if you ignore the HOG bunch it is a good road bike. But It is a motorcycle not a posing implement like so many owners use it as.

I love overtaking Sports bikes ridden by folk with matching leathers to their bike :-) 

Reply to this Topic
James1760

Aug 11

James1760 says:

Harley 'cooler' than ever

Shame that the typical (new) harly buyer proberbly owns the top 5 things on that list!

Reply to this Topic
MrMKJ

Sep 11

MrMKJ says:

Yeh, among non-motorcyclists.  Every time I mention that I like motorcycles to someone who’s not a motorcyclist their response is invariably the same, “I don’t know much about motorcycles, but those Harley Davidsons are good bikes aren’t they,” eliciting the inevitable response “weeeell... No!”

It’s the motorcycle equivalent of the “I don’t now much about art but I know what I like” statement, which usually means you don’t know much about art and what you do like just goes to prove that.

I’m sorry, I really don’t wish to insult any Harley owners out there... each to thier own, there are even a couple of Harleys I wouldn’t mind owning myself, but Harley’s triumph here is a triumph of marketing over reality and I can’t help being slightly miffed that the motorcycle brand that is seen as the market leader to the general public is the brand who’s only effective niche is the niche of Fashion Motorcycle.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

cool????

Yeh. frozen in time.

Reply to this Topic
wesley01

Feb 10

wesley01 says:

what

Harley Davidson the coolest brand!! what are these people smoking!!

Reply to this Topic
joeguvnor

May 09

joeguvnor says:

DEFINE COOL

Lawn mower

Reply to this Topic
mogulthrash

Dec 10

mogulthrash says:

list of shame

Who'd want their brand on that list? Cool bikes: Black Shadow, Sandcast 750/4, Gold Star, etc. Cool brands? None of the above - that's a list for wannabees / members of the public. Nicholas Parsons is way cooler than that Dom Perignon bloke.

Reply to this Topic
hertsfazer600

Oct 07

Mogul

Appreciate what you mean but this is just a brand thing in general rather than bikes.

I've ridden a couple of Harleys and they weren't for me but I don't have anything against them, and if there's a part of the British public who consider motorcycles (regadless of make) as cool then surely in these days of negative publicity falling sales and Eurotwats trying to rule us it can't be such a bad thing.

Ridesafe. 

Reply to this Topic
HOSBUSA

Sep 09

HOSBUSA says:

Well they are fashion accessories.

Well done Harley, recognition of your true status !

Reply to this Topic
Haydn2613

Nov 10

Haydn2613 says:

Asking stevie wonder 2000 times was a bit harsh wasn't it?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices