Skip to content

Discuss This Marco Simoncelli signs new Honda contract MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Marco Simoncelli signs new Honda contract

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Marco Simoncelli signs new Honda contract

Marco Simoncelli has agreed a new contract with Fausto Gresini's Honda squad and he will retain his factory rider status with HRC in 2012. The controversial Italian, who has scored just one podium finish in a turbulent 2011 campaign, will get equal technical support to factory Honda duo Casey Stoner and Dani Pedrosa in the inaugural 1000cc world championship. The former 250GP...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (28 September 2011 14:56)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Mort77

Mar 09

Mort77 says:

Perhaps

It could be that Simoncelli is referring to his past success in the lower classes. Personally I think he has the talent to go all the way to the Championship. People with far more knowledge that me have said "you can teach a fast guy to stop crashing but you can't teach a slow guy to be fast", or words to that effect.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

get real chaps.

I love watching bike racing and have done for many years but I have to say that some of the armchair experts that feel superior to those that actually compete at the highest level, that post their shit on sites like this are quite honestly sad. you aint worthy . Rossi? Stoner? I could go on,they have nothing to prove .

Reply to this Topic
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

Nothing wrong with armchair experts

The world, and especially this forum would be very dull withouht them.

Anyway, at a recent track day I was easily one of the most experienced riders in the novice group so I know what I'm on about. It's true you can teach a fast guy to stop crashing, but as Nakamoto says simoncelli's "learning ability is very low". Maybe if he realised that so far he *hasn't* been amongst the best in motogp he might be able to start learning. Self-confidence is good but his overconfidence has been his downfall this season (not to mention the riders he skittled because of it). But hey he sells a lot of soft drinks at least.

I could be wrong, but probably not as wrong as supermario. Classic from hedgehog5 :laugh:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
mydogben

Aug 02

mydogben says:

Its

hard not to like the guy. His enthusiasm is infectious. Lets hope he starts to come up with the goods next season. Look at Dovi, he's a quick lad, no doubt about that but jesus, whats to like about the guy, no personality whatsoever. Casey Stoner=mega quick and mega talented, but (im sorry to piss all you CS fans off) but what a cock. The sport needs people like Simmo. Let the slagging begin

Reply to this Topic
CameronLeeds

Sep 10

CameronLeeds says:

Hedgehog5 & Weskit

LMAO!!  Thank you guys!!

Reply to this Topic
adam15holden

Aug 11

adam15holden says:

Dovi

How they came to the conclusion that it was better to give Marco a contract over Andrea is beyond me.

Reply to this Topic
twowheeledfiend

Oct 08

Good for Simoncelli

He has done well to sort his ride out now for next year considering this years form. What other decent options are out there for him? Kind of unlucky for Dovi. He's had 2 seasons to prove himself and not really progressed. Some might say Simo hasn't either but you get feeling that something, one day out of the blue, is going to happen and Marco is going to be consistently fast. Aoyama (how long is left on his contract?) should give up his seat for Dovi. Dovi and Simo in the same team would be good for Gresini. If I was Dovi, I would be signing that Tech 3 contract before Bautista realises it's a good offer, otherwise his options may not be so good.

Reply to this Topic
twowheeledfiend

Oct 08

Good for Simoncelli

He has done well to sort his ride out now for next year considering this years form. What other decent options are out there for him? Kind of unlucky for Dovi. He's had 2 seasons to prove himself and not really progressed. Some might say Simo hasn't either but you get feeling that something, one day out of the blue, is going to happen and Marco is going to be consistently fast. Aoyama (how long is left on his contract?) should give up his seat for Dovi. Dovi and Simo in the same team would be good for Gresini. If I was Dovi, I would be signing that Tech 3 contract before Bautista realises it's a good offer, otherwise his options may not be so good.

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

the ability to compete for wins

Out of all the riders out there Simoncelli has shown the pace to be able to compete for wins with a little more composure. Dovi/spies are consistently quick but arent really pushing the top three into mistakes or show the pace to beat them.

Simoncelli have rode past all of them at some point this season and started to pull away. If he learns from the stupid mistakes hes made this season IMO he'l deffinately challenge.

Hes had  quiet patch middle season as he responded to the critics over his to agressive style and is improving again. No brainer to keep him on a factory machine really.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

SuperSIC!

Well said CCB could not have put it any better myself.Simoncelli is a great character and a great talent and has yet to show what he is capable of.There have been flashes of what he can do but I reckon the consistancy of being a top finisher will come soon.He would certainly be my choice compared to Dovi or Spies.

For anyone to say a Moto GP rider has a low learning ability is just stupidity and is probably said for the wrong reason.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices