Skip to content

Discuss This Staff bikes: KTM Duke 125 - Loading up the Duke First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Staff bikes: KTM Duke 125 - Loading up the Duke

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Dan Aspel  says:

Staff bikes: KTM Duke 125 - Loading up the Duke

Fitting luggage on a KTM 125 Duke might seem as pointless as putting race slicks on a Suzuki Burgman, but if you’re a teenager who has the touring bug, you need to know your options. Too low powered and dinky to cope with hard panniers or a topbox, the Duke is limited to soft bags and bungee straps. With this in...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (28 September 2011 15:14)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

100mpg....wow.

Reply to this Topic
rlf3

Jan 10

rlf3 says:

Average mpg

100mpg is normal for a 125, there are 125 bikes that can do almost 140mpg.

Reply to this Topic
CBRJGWRR

Aug 11

CBRJGWRR says:

100 mpg

You can get 100 mpg from a RS 125 if you really try. Up gear ratios, re restrict, and ride very gently.

And don't ride like a 17 year old.

Reply to this Topic
dayle14gb

Dec 12

dayle14gb says:

Fuel

KTM Duke 125 is an amazing all round bike! My tank costs approximately £7-9 of the expensive stuff to fill up, and that will quite easily last me 10 days of going to and from work, aswell as a leisurely trip on a weekend.

Reply to this Topic
ontheroadbiker

Mar 14

loading the Duke

This bike may be a 125cc, but has not prevented me fixing a 30 litre topbox to the Duke and I carry a lot of heaver things than a spare jumper! Never noticed any lack of power. Always used a top box even on my XT125X which had less power than this one.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle