Skip to content

Discuss This Sign petition to fight EU General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Sign petition to fight EU

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Sign petition to fight EU

An MEP is urging riders to sign a petition against EU measures to make motorcycles impossible to modify. The petition, proposed by UKIP MEP Marta Andreasen, calls on Government, MPs and MEPs ‘to oppose in the strongest terms this proposed legislation’. If more than 100,000 signatures are gained, parliament will have to consider a debate on the issue. Tuning will become impossible and...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (28 September 2011 16:38)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
GaryIsherwood

Sep 11

Really?

How can we be taken seriously when in our petition we can't even spell motorbike correctly?

Reply to this Topic
SamLovatt

Sep 11

SamLovatt says:

haha morobikes

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

plus

they ignore the 100000 thing anyway.

Reply to this Topic
Fomancu

Jul 08

Fomancu says:

Knobs

No chance with this when yuo cnat psell----tscun----

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Too many laws now.

Lets stop this now. Smoking in your works vehicle, eating whilst driving, doing 61mph on an open road whilst having spent 40 years riding, spitting on the pavement, Blah, Blah, blah,lets get to the real criminals those that ruin our lives in such a way that all those stupid laws are irrelevent . the MONEY MEN. the greedy overweight useless rich people that have nothing better to do than stop the rest of us having fun. just to make money. rant over.

Reply to this Topic
wild_stuart

Sep 02

wild_stuart says:

Wire-cutters

Pull apart speedo... snip LED light..... job done.

That said... at my age... the chances of me ever having a bike with said light are probably gonna be pretty low.

By the time it gets pushed through (legislation, let alone technologically) along with the time it'll take the bike to filter through to the 2nd hand market when it's affordable (and justifiable) to me, I'll probably be happy with what ever I already have in my creaky age... So at that rate I'll probably still be happy on my 2002 R6! :)

Reply to this Topic
yammy7r

Apr 09

yammy7r says:

Laws

Spitting on the pavement, disgusting habit should be locked up

Reply to this Topic
Dewi13

May 11

Dewi13 says:

Stupidity!!

I think this is stupid. . . . . . people are bit***ng about the fact that someone has atcually come up with a possible way of fighting this legislation and their throwing it back in her face!! I for one have signed it and believe that unless we start to tackle this problem as a collective group of people then our way of life is going to be destroyed!! If your not going to sign it for your love of motorbikes then (your on the wrong web site) just think of all the jobs that are going to be lost because of this legislation!! I believe that everyone should sign it (friends, family, the lot) even if it only makes the government realise what a large group of people they are going to alienate by allowing this. 

Reply to this Topic
twistedplanet

Sep 11

This is rubbish!

This kind of legislation is just pure BS thought up by arse scratching politicians with no idea of the real world.

Reply to this Topic
TheWookie

Feb 10

TheWookie says:

There's another e petition out there with far more signatures than this one.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices