Skip to content

Discuss This Sign petition to fight EU General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Sign petition to fight EU

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Sign petition to fight EU

An MEP is urging riders to sign a petition against EU measures to make motorcycles impossible to modify. The petition, proposed by UKIP MEP Marta Andreasen, calls on Government, MPs and MEPs ‘to oppose in the strongest terms this proposed legislation’. If more than 100,000 signatures are gained, parliament will have to consider a debate on the issue. Tuning will become impossible and...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (28 September 2011 16:38)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
brevav2

Feb 09

brevav2 says:

piroflip is spot on    Dont waste time voting for the EU 'Stooges' or 'Puppets' of the three main political parties, its a case of a different mask on the same face, we have the illusion of democracy, do you seriously belive that by putting a cross on a voting slip every 4 years is going to achive anything? It was never meant to, dont belive the lie of Cameron and his cronies that they are 'Euro Sceptic'  nothing could be further from the truth, they are all pro EU, 80% of our 'laws' emanate from the EU, the UK will be abolished under the Lisbon Treaty which Brown signed into law in 2008 without giving the electorate a vote on the issue,knowing full well it would have been rejected, some democracy huh?

The EU wants motorcycles banned via a means of making it so expensive and with so many hurdles to overcome that few will bother, idealy they want all private vehicles banned,but bikes are the first and easiest target,  We need a Europe of independant nations with  freedom and sovereignty to run thier own affairs along with their own currency and central banks run for the people not the (w) bankers, and dictats from unelected faceless bureucrats in Brussels, Please  wake up before its too late

Reply to this Topic
syncro

Apr 03

syncro says:

Sign Petition to fight EU

Well I signed up - only wants 978310 more to make gov think about a debate. Whoopy f'king do - we are gonna be done over like kippers unless we start to take this sh1t seriously. Polite demonstrations to avoid making a nuisance of ourselves won't achieve jack schitt! Hate to say this but the frog farmers and truckers had the right idea!

Reply to this Topic
motopress

Sep 11

motopress says:

Can't vote

I can't add my opinion to petition. I'm from Lithuania (EU country) and can't sign with others. WTF?

"You must be a British citizen or normally live in the UK to create or sign e-petitions."...

Reply to this Topic
blue200tdi

Dec 10

blue200tdi says:

I'll sign

But, if it's just a light on the dash that stays on when it's serviced or a parts are changed, is that any different to most modern cars, especially BMW's that have needed a tool to de-activate the service light?

If that is the case, then the tools will be available to buy or borrow, or just take the bulb out! Simples, unless you want a meerkat! lol!

Reply to this Topic
rockabillyboy

Sep 10

Who is this M.E.P.  Ms Andreasen , and what"s in it for her ? , I like to think I am up on most politics ,why haven"t I heard of her ? . Is she a biker ? . Reading about this incoming package of E.U. laws most  [including these boards] don"t seem to positive about holding them off . I think the problem is the British biker as a clan are much to different to earlier times . I meet lots of different bikers of all ages , and  the custom & Harley riders are the most vocal . But most of the Sunday riders & sports riders [to me ] don"t seem to bothered  . If this effects only new bikes it probably will not effect me , my collection of  vehicles are  mainly classic ,bar one which is 5 years old . And I cannot see me EVER buying another new one . But  I am still outraged that it will effect future riders and may put a lot off  motorcycling .

Reply to this Topic
ghettochildren

Jan 08

Erm... 60,507 followers via facebook yet only 12,122 signatures for the petition hmm according to my maths that's about 48,385 gone shy...

Reply to this Topic
Kando

May 11

Kando says:

Grrrr

96478 bikers better not dare complain if these changes come in!

Reply to this Topic
aboutye

Jan 11

aboutye says:

That's the third petition with a spelling mistake - Mororbikes .

I see in the latest emailing from MCN there is a rideout to Brussels on November 22.

What are the details on this?

Reply to this Topic
ariel1450

Oct 11

ariel1450 says:

eu

It is my belief that this country has for the first time in 2000 years been invaded and is about to be conquered by a foriegn power the eu, by stealth and with the cooperation of some traitorous politicians, if you belive in freedom the freedom to ride a factory bike or to build your own as I did then this legislation must be stopped, the magna carta 1215, the bill of rights 1650`s etc gave us the freedom of choice, if you choose to ride wearing day-glow or with your headlight on that is your choice, I do not, but I would fight for your right to choose to do so, and it that chocie that is to be removed.  I was not a mag member but joined in on the slow ride protest.  If such protests and petitions fail then the only road open to bikers is civil disobediance, this is a common law country, as I understand things every thing post magna carta is a statute a rule given the force of law with the consent of the governed, if we do not consent it does not apply, beside if thousands or many hundreds of bikers congrgated in two or three site in open defiance the police could not arrest everyone.  1381 is nigh.

dave.

Reply to this Topic
ND1234

Oct 11

ND1234 says:

Invasion?

First time in 2000 years? My history's not great, but since the Romans we've had Angles, Saxons, Jutes, Danes, various other Scandinavians, then perhaps most famously Normans. Then - depending on your perspective - the Scots & Welsh! (The Tudors were originally from Wales, The Stewarts from Scotland). Currently also German origin of the Hanoverians.

The French, Germans, Italians, etc all also have rather mixed history. Plus of course transport has allowed much greater immigration (and emigration).

Long & short, we're all pretty well mixed up in the EU.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices