Skip to content

Discuss This Riding position crucial to Ducati front-end issue, says Valentino Rossi MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Riding position crucial to Ducati front-end issue, says Valentino Rossi

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Riding position crucial to Ducati front-end issue, says Valentino Rossi

Valentino Rossi believes his riding position on Ducati’s 2012 Desmosedici could be pivotal to solving some of the vague front-end problems he’s experienced in a nightmare debut season for the Bologna factory. Rossi and Ducati tested the GP12 again in Jerez last week but both denied the latest session had seen the nine-times world champion debut a full deltabox aluminium frame...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (29 September 2011 11:44)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Faster1

Aug 09

Faster1 says:

more please

Deltabox  Birt ? Did Yamaha buy Ducati?

Isn't Deltabox a VERY OLD Yamaha commercial trademark name, not a sustitue term for "Twin Spar" or craddle. ?

,,Can't wait for the new Ducati Genesis engine.. with the Ducati "Power Valve" exaust system.

Reply to this Topic
acanada46

Aug 11

acanada46 says:

seating position

if it was really that simple it would have been done by now,i wouldnt be surprised to see something new turn up for phillip island..

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Hugs...

A joke maybe... he's said he hasn't a clue how to ride it or how to fix it so for MCN to ask him what changes their introducing to make it rideable is probably a bit like asking my wife what they're going to do at her next car service. Hopefully he can get on with doing what he does best & ride it to the front... I'm not holding my breath though.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
stompmyduke

Mar 08

stompmyduke says:

Plot thickens

Didn't Stoner make a big deal about changing his position (H/bars etc) on the bike last year, prior to his run of wins? Seems, then, it could make some difference for Rossi. Duke seem reluctant (unlike Honda) to pump any more money into the 800 chassis, and appeared to have little interest in the new incarnation of the thousand, top engineers being absent while Rossi thrashed around Jerez. Could it be that the ally chassis (likely deltabox) is a private venture by Rossi? This would suit Duke well, especially as they intend to go carbon with their road bikes pretty soon. This also poses the possibility that Rossi might have his own 'privat' team next year ala Mike Hailwood with MV and Geoff Duke with Gilera. The Doc was never so happy as when he had his own personal  Nastra Azzuro Honda (didn't need to build garage walls). It's an interesting thought, but I'm sure that such a move would not go down well with poor old Nicky Hayden.

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Masters of Misdirection

Sure Hugelean, Rossi and Burgess have proved it to the GP world 2011. Ducati must be finding it extemely humorous.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Astonishing

that it is only now they are trying different rider positions. It's one of the most fundamental aspects of bike set-up, whatever the discipline, whatever the level. A couple of weeks ago, the sitting position was responsible for a lack of top speed, now it's the handling. It's taken since when to reason that he's sitting too high or far back on the bike???? It should have been apparent in the first tests. Absolutely astonishing. I'm sure Preziosi would have been more than willing to give him a bigger cushion than 4 frames and a bigger crankshaft... There's the usual smell in the air.

The front forks appear to be at a different angle because of the cutaway fairing I think. Makes it look radical due to the gap compared to earlier versions.

Bloodbubble, this has to be one of the daftest comments - It was blind luck that they changed the position for Stoner last year and it allowed him to fight for three wins at the back end of last year

Set up is all about trying things, some of it trial and error, some based on not a little knowledge and experience. To say blind luck - FFS.  It wasn't the only time they moved his riding position in the 4 years he was there.

Reply to this Topic
Adeninja

Mar 10

Adeninja says:

alloy frame

well they got to start to go down one route , there just going in circles and backwards, maybe he would be better of riding a Harley , sorry but its getting a joke , why did he not sort the riding position out first anyway we soon find out if the ducati is any better weekend soon be here ,

Reply to this Topic
Chilliesauce69

Aug 11

O yes, roll on the weekend. Bored at moment of gp or not, I still can't wait for race day ;)

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Dear Aquarius, Nostrodamus, and to a less obvious extent Bultoboy

Why don't you save us all the trouble of reading your long, tedious and ultimately repetitive posts by simply writing " I hate Valentino Rossi and I hope he fails"

And don't be giving us any of that horseshit about being true race fans either, coz nobodys buying it

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Just to elaborate

I'm sorry but if Burgess is half the man we're lead to believe he is, he would have all the seat, bar, pegs, static weight distribution measurements with Rossi on board throughout his time with the lanky yellow streak, all neaty pencilled down in his note book. And if they didn't implement such alterations to fit straight after their initial test of the Ducati last November then I really am speechless.

Yes Minty, the thing's a god damn chopper.  As I said last week to Wosi, 10mm in this game is huge. Rake, trial and wheelbase across the board with all the machines would be very close to each other.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices