Skip to content

Discuss This Riding position crucial to Ducati front-end issue, says Valentino Rossi MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Riding position crucial to Ducati front-end issue, says Valentino Rossi

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Riding position crucial to Ducati front-end issue, says Valentino Rossi

Valentino Rossi believes his riding position on Ducati’s 2012 Desmosedici could be pivotal to solving some of the vague front-end problems he’s experienced in a nightmare debut season for the Bologna factory. Rossi and Ducati tested the GP12 again in Jerez last week but both denied the latest session had seen the nine-times world champion debut a full deltabox aluminium frame...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (29 September 2011 11:44)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
waipipi

Jul 06

waipipi says:

Supermario

Couldn't agree with you more! Nothing but negative spiteful hatred from the lot They relish the chance of bitching/ moaning and generally doing anything to denounce Rossi. Sure it must have been hard to fault him over the past ten years so they sure as hell are making most of it now! It makes me wonder why they even bother reading the articles at all! Not a particular fan of either Stoner or Jorge but I would love to see some close racing and a full grid. F1 went thru and is still going thru it's fair share of boring racing so as a motorcycle racing fan I want motogp and the lower cc classes to be the exciting spectacle that we all should look forward to. Let the abuse begin!

Reply to this Topic
Szmolo

Aug 09

Szmolo says:

Poor Ducati, if only they knew that all their answers lay here in the MCN forums where the real MotoGP engineers and experts are.

I suppose years of experience with a prototype race machine day in, day out is no substitute for looking at pictures, responding to riders comments and watching it on TV for 40 minutes every now and then

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Faster1..... 9.0, 9.0, 9.0, 9.4, 9.5! ***** Szmolo - I have forwarded your post to Preziosi and Burgess and I expect them to be logging on to this thread and many others shortly. They just don't realise the wealth of riding, development, and engineering experience we have here in the I love/hate Rossi/Stoner forum. It is doubtful that they will be able to introduce all the obvious changes they should be making at Ducati before the weekend but with the help of the MCN forumtista Rossi and the Ducati should be back at the front at Sepang. Well if Hopper lets's him by that is?http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sport/sportresults/MotoGP/2011/September/sep2711-john-hopkins-lands-sepang-wild-card-ride/ ***** See my reasons Hopper should be racing at Motegi. :D

Reply to this Topic
Milkybars

Feb 11

Milkybars says:

Too bad

Racey Stacey could not fix the shit pig he left Ducati. After 3 years of trying, he ditched it early, give incorrect debriefs early in 2010, once he signed and hen he learned that Rossi was taking his spot by BRNO last year he made a shit of the bike. Piss off Macey.....hope you enjoy the fruits of other labor. Your turn to make the shit pig you discontinued all over again.

Reply to this Topic
bakery

Feb 09

bakery says:

Too bad

that I wasted 30 seconds reading the partisan, delusional and grammatically-challenged tripe in the previous post.

Reply to this Topic
mike2265

Apr 11

mike2265 says:

milkybars

Lol - That dastardly Stoner.  I can see him now snickering in the corner as he contrives his machivellian scheme.

"I have a cunning plan to foil my nemisis Rossi.  I'll make the bike a 'shit pig' but fool everyone as to how much a 'shit of a bike' it is by winning some races on it at the end of the season.  No one will suspect a thing and the 2011 championship WILL BE MIIIINE!!!.  Mwahahahaha"

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
aquarius

Jun 09

aquarius says:

GET A GRIP, LADS...

Crikey! Talk about kill the messenger for bearing an unpalatable message. Zombies are so simplistic, shallow and just plain dopey that any, let alone perfectly valid, criticism of Valentino Rossi is construed as “hating” him. My posts for the past 3.5 years prove the fallacy and diversion this is – cheap shot escape from reality. I admit being provocative at times in hopeless attempts to get certain people to think and accept blind, mindless worship of celebrity, especially to the level of abuse and non-recognition of anyone else, is destructive and bad for the sport. It’s akin to debating Tadpoles - closed feeble minds & intellect. Anyone with the temerity to question draws a knee-jerk reaction/personal attack. Same as it ever was. Too many morons incapable of the most basic rationalisation or independent thought. In this particular instance, the Ducati “problem”- one inevitably HAS to compare performance between Stoner & Rossi - and it isn’t a good look, regardless of past glories.

Let’s examine some FACTS – remember that word?

Stoner had or was given 4 x chassis in 4 x seasons. Rossi has had 4 in just 14 Rounds of 1 x season.

Stoner won 23 GP’s, got 42 Podiums and set 21 Poles. To date, Rossi has got a “gifted” 1 x Podium – a 3rd. In fact, the only highlight for his one-eyed fans was knocking Stoner off and depriving him of another 16-25 Points. Just with the CF chassis in 2009 & 2010, Stoner got 7 Wins, 17 Podiums and 7 Poles.

A despairing Nicky Hayden noted his elapsed race time @ Aragon was 25 seconds SLOWER than last year-on the “100% Rossi-developed” whatever it was iteration of the 2011 Ducati Desmo.

At Aragon on what was basically the 2012 1,000cc (engine # 7) alloy-framed bike with the motor “sleeved-down” to comply with the 800cc capacity limit – Rossi was passed by serial-crashing GP neophyte, Cal Crutchlow for 10th. Rossi said, “After a lot of races we don’t fix nothing. Maybe we still don’t understand the real problem?” Coming from him & Burgess – both alleged development geniuses – that admission is a major worry!

Rossi was seriously injured for the very first time in 2010 after not missing ONE GP since 1996. This and the challenge of sorting the new and previously scoffed-at wayward Ducati have brought him undone. November’s Jerez Tests for the 1,000’s will be the final proof of the pudding for Rossi

I stated (tongue in cheek to explain for the deadheads) maybe it would have been better if Rossi had simply brought his MI across and painted it red. Screams of derision - BUT: Ducati has imitated the YZR M1 Yamaha with the new low-slung swing arm and suspension layout, the flexi-design triple clamp and the front axle and fork mounting systems. And now the frame/chassis too? Ducati initially denied it but FTR ARE fabricating the Yamaha-like alloy chassis - the 4th total revision of the GP11/12 Series and still the failure goes on and on. Maybe the trick is - just put crossed tuning forks on it?

MotoGP needs Ducati to be challenging for the Podium and competitive. Rossi has been both Dorna’s & GP’s Golden Goose, absolutely unequivocal. Anyone that can’t see or admit that something is badly awry here and that Rossi too has to shoulder a large portion of the blame, then you are even bigger flakes and morons than anyone ever dreamed in their worst nightmares. Cheers - Bewildered of Bologna...

Reply to this Topic
veronicaisl

Aug 11

veronicaisl says:

Hayden is on the good track...

1 27 Casey STONER AUS Repsol Honda Team Honda 291.2 1'47.289
2 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Repsol Honda Team Honda 287.4 1'47.566 0.277 / 0.277
3 69 Nicky HAYDEN USA Ducati Team Ducati 291.3 1'47.732 0.443 / 0.166
4 26 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 287.2 1'47.836 0.547 / 0.104
5 1 Jorge LORENZO SPA Yamaha Factory Racing Yamaha 283.3 1'47.912 0.623 / 0.076
6 58 Marco SIMONCELLI ITA San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 288.3 1'47.942 0.653 / 0.030
7 5 Colin EDWARDS USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 284.7 1'48.169 0.880 / 0.227
8 11 Ben SPIES USA Yamaha Factory Racing Yamaha 285.4 1'48.197 0.908 / 0.028
9 8 Hector BARBERA SPA Mapfre Aspar Team MotoGP Ducati 281.5 1'48.406 1.117 / 0.209
10 46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Ducati Team Ducati 286.9 1'48.667 1.378 / 0.261
11 7 Hiroshi AOYAMA JPN San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 285.1 1'48.776 1.487 / 0.109
12 19 Alvaro BAUTISTA SPA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP Suzuki 284.0 1'48.880 1.591 / 0.104
13 14 Randy DE PUNIET FRA Pramac Racing Team Ducati 275.9 1'48.892 1.603 / 0.012
14 35 Cal CRUTCHLOW GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 274.9 1'49.385 2.096 / 0.493
15 24 Toni ELIAS SPA LCR Honda MotoGP Honda 287.3 1'49.415 2.126 / 0.030
16 17 Karel ABRAHAM CZE Cardion AB Motoracing Ducati 275.2 1'49.813 2.524 / 0.398
17 64 Kousuke AKIYOSHI JPN LCR Honda MotoGP Honda 277.8 1'50.688 3.399 / 0.875
18 72 Shinichi ITO JPN Honda Racing Team Honda 276.4 1'51.461 4.172 / 0.773
19 6 Damian CUDLIN AUS Pramac Racing Team Ducati 268.5 1'53.218 5.929 / 1.757

No upgrades but hayden is on the charge. good to see ducati at the front...what happened again to rossi?

Reply to this Topic
veronicaisl

Aug 11

veronicaisl says:

stoner is late...First in FP1

yeah, stoner was late last night in the press conference but he is first in FP1. Good to see hayden up at the front and i would like to know how rossi was still at the back despite all the upgrades in his bike. I hope hayden can stay his competitiveness in this circuit. Good luck ducati.

Reply to this Topic
veronicaisl

Aug 11

veronicaisl says:

Aquaruis

Very well said analysis mate. Keep the FACTS up..

I would like to see rossi forming a new team next year rather than to continue in ducati. I would like to see him riding a honda bike with his all expense, anyway he is a millionaire and can afford to lease a honda factory bike then he can claim the alien status again and way better to retire winning again.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices