Skip to content

Discuss This Riding position crucial to Ducati front-end issue, says Valentino Rossi MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Riding position crucial to Ducati front-end issue, says Valentino Rossi

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Riding position crucial to Ducati front-end issue, says Valentino Rossi

Valentino Rossi believes his riding position on Ducati’s 2012 Desmosedici could be pivotal to solving some of the vague front-end problems he’s experienced in a nightmare debut season for the Bologna factory. Rossi and Ducati tested the GP12 again in Jerez last week but both denied the latest session had seen the nine-times world champion debut a full deltabox aluminium frame...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (29 September 2011 11:44)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
mike2265

Apr 11

mike2265 says:

veronicaisl

Nice thought but I don't think it's likely Rossi would get factory support even if he started on a satellite Honda/Yam and was riding up near the pointy end.

Reply to this Topic
veronicaisl

Aug 11

veronicaisl says:

mike2265

thanks mike...he can get factory bike if he wants to, all he need to do is offer honda with good amount of money in their contract. Rossi now is in the big hole of his career. Nice to see hayden up at FP1.

Reply to this Topic
cheefbea

Sep 11

cheefbea says:

Rossi will sort it

People need to relise that the Honda has taken a leep foward since halfway through last year.

Even Yamaha has been left wanting a bit.  If you go and look at overall race times this seasion, Rossi has completed some races quicker than stoner did last year!  But after doing that he still ends up 7th etc.  The pace has been upped and Ducati is now paying for not developing (much) over the last 3 or so years.  Not taking anything off Stoner but in 07 the Duk had a massive Hp advantage.

Reply to this Topic
veronicaisl

Aug 11

veronicaisl says:

cheefbea...

comparing times from last year to this year is pointless... a lot of things to consider like humidity, track temp, the amount of rubber in the tarmac, weather, set up of the bike. etc. etc. They leep forward halfway last year but still not a chmapionship caliber bike and still beaten by yamahas. the big factor in this year honda is casey stoner and if you will take stoner out in the equation yamahas is on top again. I think honda found the right rider with stoner. In rossi's side i would like to see him back at the front but he can't ride the duke.

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

VERO

errr...maybe camel race in arabia suit rossi? LOL.

Reply to this Topic
mike2265

Apr 11

mike2265 says:

veronocaisl

Perhaps you're right but I didn't think it was simply having enough money. It also depends if there's any animosity towards Rossi from when he went to Yamaha. I didn't think it was done on the best terms but that may be just heresay.

It'd be great if Hayden can keep it at the front but unfortunately it's only FP1....

Waited for the end of FP2 before posting and he's not doing to bad - over half a second on Rossi but who knows what sort of permutations they're trying now.

1 PEDROSA D.Repsol Honda Team1:46.790

2 STONER C.Repsol Honda Team+0.054

3 DOVIZIOSO A.Repsol Honda Team+0.162

4 SIMONCELLI M.San Carlo Honda Gresini+0.398

5 LORENZO J.Yamaha Factory Racing+0.520

6 HAYDEN N.Ducati Team+0.591

7 AOYAMA H.San Carlo Honda Gresini+0.995

8 ROSSI V.Ducati Team+1.185

9 BARBERA H.Mapfre Aspar Team MotoGP+1.265

10 EDWARDS C.Monster Yamaha Tech 3+1.286

11 BAUTISTA A.Rizla Suzuki MotoGP+1.307

12 DE PUNIET R.Pramac Racing Team+1.584

13 CRUTCHLOW C.Monster Yamaha Tech 3+1.589

Reply to this Topic
veronicaisl

Aug 11

veronicaisl says:

mike2265

You got the piont mike, i think there still love for rossi but we don't know what will happen next. Hayden is hanging there and i hope he can fight for top 5 in the qualifying and in the race aswell. Rossi is improving but 1.1s is still massive margin and expect them in fp3 and qualifying to improve their times. Rossi need to push and fight for best position not just hang there and finish the race not trying. Im missing the presents of alvaro in the fp1 and fp2 i hope he can improve his time tomorrow. Good luck to all riders don't wanna see anyone hurt. God bless ducati.

Reply to this Topic
LaughingGas

Oct 08

LaughingGas says:

You'd think a company in motogp, and as big as Ducati is, would have thought about this months ago!!! Sounds like the Ducati engineers don't know what they're doing.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Reply to this Topic
leemuz

Jul 08

leemuz says:

NOSTRO...

Good to see you not been so negative towards VR.

But them comments come around about as often as hayleys comet.

Judging by today's FP1 results...i guess its fair to say Honda have an unfair advantage over everyone else....

I don't know what to do to even things up but Moto2 seem to have it sussed...

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices