Skip to content

Ask an Expert Zontes Tiger 125 Buying & selling bikes

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Buying & selling bikes > Zontes Tiger 125

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Smiffy83

Sep 11

Smiffy83 says:

Zontes Tiger 125

Hi guys and girls

I'm totally new to biking and am looking to buy a 125cc bike as my first. I really like the Zontes Tiger 125 but I really don't know much about bikes yet and was going to ask if you could kindly give me any information on this bike. I don't seem to be able to find any reviews on it and am not sure if this is a bad thing or whether its just a new bike and theres not much out there about it.

Does anybody know anything good or bad about it? Or know where I can find out? I really like the bike I just don't know enough about it to make an informed decision.

Any information you can give me would be really really appreciated.

Many thanks in advance! :biggrin::smile

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (29 September 2011 22:04)

Post a message in Buying & selling bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

zontes

looks ok to me,more so with 12 months warranty on parts and labour,have you a dealer near you? 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRAND-NEW-ZONTES-TIGER-125CC-LEARNER-LEGAL-/220855590810?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item336c04df9a 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Smiffy83

Sep 11

Smiffy83 says:

Zontes

Yeah i have a dealer about 40 miles from where I live I just wanted to know a bit before I go in there as dont want them to tell me any old bull to get a sale. Not that I think they would but when buying something like this I think you need to b prepared if that makes sense. Would you say they were the best to ask? When I was at the training centre doing my CBT the guys there said they hadnt ever heard of it so I dont really know what to think :wacko: but thank you for replying :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

Keeway/Sym offer a warrantee,BUT some warrantees are parts only:shock: beware.

Reply to this Topic
Andy949494

Feb 08

Andy949494 says:

be careful...

I hadn't heard of it and your local guy hadn't heard of it either. That means that spares and service could be tricky. You already know that your nearest dealer is 40 miles away (a long way to push if it doesn't work?). Is there another dealer in the UK in case that one goes belly up? Even if these bikes are copies it doesn't mean that similar bikes spares will fit...
I would be a bit cautious about going for one.Whilst Chinese bikes are improving the quality of new bikes are only as good as the assembler and often the state of new Chinese bikes is shocking - they wouldn't pass an MOT as they are. Also they tend to copy a bike but put cheap engines in them (e.g. aircooled instead of liquid cooled or single instead of a twin) and many buyers don't notice. Although it seems amazing often a two or three year old Japanese bike is as good as a brand new Chinese one... (and is unlikely to depreciate as much either).
Additional - Its not clear to me from reading this if this bike is going to be registered when you collect it or how many cylinders it has! Have a look around for a similar looking Japanese bike from a known dealer (Something like a Suzuki GZ 125 marauder) Not sure which town you live in but there are a number of good dealers in and around Peterborough. Talk to them first...
Andy (near Ely).

Reply to this Topic
Andy949494

Feb 08

Andy949494 says:

Additional.

Have a look at their web site (search for them on the web) and see the other chinese bikes that are on the site. They are a lot more expensive and are better known brands (although still be careful with them too at least you may find more than one dealer in the UK). Generally a cheap bike costs a lot of money and is not very satisfactory...

Reply to this Topic
RoadieRoger

Mar 09

RoadieRoger says:

ZONTES

Smiffy I looked at them at the Motorcycle Show in December and was very impressed with the finish and the design of the 3 models . They seem to be a cut above the other Chinese and they aren`t anymore expensive .They are handled by the Baotian Scooter Importer .They haven`t many Dealers , but who has many Dealers closer than say 30 miles these days ?Both Honda and Suzuki have shaken out their Dealers near me and they are over 20 miles away and my Aprilia Dealer is 30 miles away .

If you like the machine go for it ! You can then be the Test Pilot for this Forum . If you google Zontes there is a wealth of stuff on there .

Reply to this Topic
Smiffy83

Sep 11

Smiffy83 says:

Zontes

Andy949494 the bike is in Peterborough. PB Motorcycles have you heard of it? Any good?

Reply to this Topic
Smiffy83

Sep 11

Smiffy83 says:

Zontes

I live in Kings Lynn by the way

Reply to this Topic
Smiffy83

Sep 11

Smiffy83 says:

Thanks so far

Can I just thank you guys that who have commented on this post. It was my first topic I've posted and I really appreciate the feedback even if it was a bit of a mixed back of results! Its definately given me things to think about, questions to ask and thinks to look into so thank you. If you so hear/see anymore about the bike then I would love to hear from you.

Thanks again :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
RoadieRoger

Mar 09

RoadieRoger says:

ZONTES

Went on a 74 mile ride on my Leonardo 250 Scooter this afternoon to Merthyr and back to Barry via Aberdare . Guess what ? I called into a Dealer in Aberdare and there were 2 Zontes there .I had a good look at them and the detailed finish was excellent and the paint lustrous .Your model wasn`t there but the others although looking the same, had detailed differences , one had folding footrests and was the cheaper by £100 . Some very positive points were they have kickstarts and discs back and front .

Your posting was very fresh in my mind and I took 2 photos which I will post on here .
If I was after a 125cc , I would choose this make .

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices