Skip to content

Ask an Expert Zontes Tiger 125 Buying & selling bikes

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Buying & selling bikes > Zontes Tiger 125

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Smiffy83

Sep 11

Smiffy83 says:

Zontes Tiger 125

Hi guys and girls

I'm totally new to biking and am looking to buy a 125cc bike as my first. I really like the Zontes Tiger 125 but I really don't know much about bikes yet and was going to ask if you could kindly give me any information on this bike. I don't seem to be able to find any reviews on it and am not sure if this is a bad thing or whether its just a new bike and theres not much out there about it.

Does anybody know anything good or bad about it? Or know where I can find out? I really like the bike I just don't know enough about it to make an informed decision.

Any information you can give me would be really really appreciated.

Many thanks in advance! :biggrin::smile

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (29 September 2011 22:04)

Post a message in Buying & selling bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
RoadieRoger

Mar 09

RoadieRoger says:

Zontes

Photo of machines . Sorry the site won`t accept them at present .Will try sometime .

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
RoadieRoger

Mar 09

RoadieRoger says:

Zontes Photos .

Will try posting them one at a time as having problems .

Reply to this Topic
RoadieRoger

Mar 09

RoadieRoger says:

Zontes 2nd picture

These are the Monster and Panther 125`s .

Reply to this Topic
Smiffy83

Sep 11

Smiffy83 says:

RoadieRoger

RoadierRoger

Hi there, thank you for thinking of my post and checking out the range for me. The more I think of it the more I think I am going to go for the Tiger. I would love to see the pictures that you took.
I emailed my local dealer about the bike and he told me they have sold quite a few and have not had any problems so far. I asked him if I would have to take the bike to him if I had any problems (40miles away) and he said under warranty he would pay my local bike shop to fix it. He said all parts are available and held in Canterbury and the company that imports these is their best parts supplier. He told me the engine is air cooled and single cylinder. How does this sound to you? I'm not good with the technical bits!

Many thanks again :wink:

Reply to this Topic
RoadieRoger

Mar 09

RoadieRoger says:

ZONTES

Smiffy there are two posts above your latest posting containing the pictures , just click below the wording in blue under`attached images `and you should see them .They didn`t have a Tiger there and that model looks the business . The Baotian people at Canterbury are longstanding , reputable Importers .

Most of the 125cc engines are air cooled and single cylinder , although the big 4 Japanese and some Continentals have gone over to water cooling , mainly to meet EU requirements on noise for one thing . The aircooled engines are easy to work on and the technology on those machines is simple ie carburettors rather than fuel injection . Kickstarts as a back up to the battery is a plus too !
The machine should be very economical , think of over 100 mpg . If you google ZONTES , Dealers appear in Barnsley , Peterborough , Andover , Yeovil and obviously Aberdare , as I found out . I would think that any Dealer that sells Baotian Scooters , also sell Zontes , as they are the same Importer .

Reply to this Topic
Andy949494

Feb 08

Andy949494 says:

Sorry smiffy...

Wondered if you were close to Cambridge/Ely/Letchworth/Hertford. I know a number of the dealers around there (I'm on my fifth bike in five years:smile )
I'm not in the position to make many comments about dealers in Peterborough. Not only is it far from home its in the opposite direction to work too. I have only used one when my local(ish) dealer went bust)..
P.B. Motorcycles has been advertising for a while but that's all I know. If you look at their website they don't seem to mention Zontes at all so I'm not sure how long they have been dealing in them. I understand the cost attraction of the Zontes but sometimes its worth spending more to get either a better bike or a better made bike. I don't know if that's the case for this bike or not.
I think you do need to go and have a look with another person and leave your wallet at home and have more of a think...
Good luck with your choice and enjoy your biking whatever you do.
Andy

Reply to this Topic
Smiffy83

Sep 11

Smiffy83 says:

Andy949494

Hi Andy

Don't worry I haven't done any thing rash YET! lol
I just keep coming back to the Zontes though. I have been in touch with the PB Motorcycles guys via email and he has been very helpful. The Zontes is a new range they have introduced this year I think. He told me if anything went wrong with the bike under warranty he would pay for my local shop to fix it for me but they have sold quite a few and not had a warranty claim on any on them as of yet. And all parts are available here in the UK in Canterbury. I also asked some of the questions you guys asked and I'm really grateful for your advice.  I am close to Ely, I live in Kings Lynn so not to far away. What are the good dealers out that way?

Thanks once again :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
paddysworld

Oct 12

paddysworld says:

Zontes Tiger

I am in the same situation looking for a 125cc, but always coming back to the Zontes, im not making rash decisions, the air cooled are in many makes especially in 125's the Maruader is air cooled and thats japanese so i wouldent worry about that, they work very well all the same, bit louder but hey thats all the fun.

If you google the official Zontes site you/garage can order the parts so that really isent a problem, though i get the feeling as this bike gets more known it wont be a problem anyway. my only worry would be as its chinese the build quality, if anyone knows more it would help, which I cant answer but they do look good in person so personally im tempted

Hope this helped

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle