Skip to content

Discuss This Motegi MotoGP: Eighth 'nothing fantastic' admits Valentino Rossi MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Motegi MotoGP: Eighth 'nothing fantastic' admits Valentino Rossi

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Motegi MotoGP: Eighth 'nothing fantastic' admits Valentino Rossi

Valentino Rossi admitted his lowly eighth place finish at the end of opening practice for the Twin Ring Motegi MotoGP race was 'nothing fantastic.' The nine-times world champion clocked a best time of 1.47.975 in the second session but still finished 1.185s behind pacesetter Dani Pedrosa on the Repsol Honda. Making his second appearance on a new aluminium chassis concept designed in...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (30 September 2011 11:47)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
acanada46

Aug 11

acanada46 says:

MOTOKING

l.s.d

Reply to this Topic
ChupaChump

Aug 11

ChupaChump says:

Mutton chops...

Lose the facial hair, champ. Uccio doesn't like it and neither do I...

Reply to this Topic
Eddy998

Oct 06

Eddy998 says:

acanada46

That is exactly my point! As everyone will agree, and no disrespect to Nicky, Rossi should be way out in front of him and the point is, he's not! He's been given everything he has asked for and, for some reason can't get to grips with the Desmo, aluminium frame or not, heavier crankshaft or not. As ha salso been pointed out Hector Barbera seems capable and is out qualifying him. I don't think if it's all the fault of The Desmo, or what is it then? I+m sure if Stoner was to ride that bike he would finish in the top 3!! Ciao

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Eddy I guess you missed the two seasons Casey had on the bike with 2 years previous experience to boot.. Look them up in detail you might be surprised.. Last year the top 4 were top 4 every race bar injury or crashes if one was out the other aliens were guaranteed a podium bar falling off. Rossi and Dani missed 8 races between them and rode half the season injured, Rossi all but one race and you guessed it Casey managed 9 podiums and couldn't beat either of them. That's Casey best on the bike second season.. Ift's nothing short of a wet dream to think this year he would be doing the business on the duke. There is no rider fix Casey only slightly better last year and it's a stretch to say he'd have done a lot better with this years kit..

Reply to this Topic
acanada46

Aug 11

acanada46 says:

hugelean

stop stateing facts there not applicable to stoner fans,,

Reply to this Topic
monkeyninja

Sep 11

monkeyninja says:

For those with short memories

as opposed to those of us that have followed Rossi's progress throught his whole MotoGP career.

He has never been consistently brilliant at qualifying, unlike say Stoner or Pedrosa. Practice and qualifying times are no more than indicators. In the case of Rossi, he almost invariably performs better than his practice and qualifying times thanks to outstanding racecraft.

Saying that, this season it's all relative because his practice/qualifying has been spectacularly below par!!

C'mon my son!!

Reply to this Topic
Mort77

Mar 09

Mort77 says:

Leemuz

Ya, Ich stimme mit Ihnen. Ducati 2011 - nicht gut. Ducati 2012 - gut/sehr gut?

Reply to this Topic
Mort77

Mar 09

Mort77 says:

Leemuz

Ya, Ich stimme mit Ihnen. Ducati 2011 - nicht gut. Ducati 2012 - gut/sehr gut?

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Hugelean...

"There is no rider fix Casey only slightly better last year and it's a stretch to say he'd have done a lot better with this years kit.. "

Oh, slightly better now is he? I thought he was over 30 seconds behind the leader in all but one of the races he finished last year... including the ones he won! If you have to make things up to make your hero sound better than he is you really ought to make them sound more believable. Why is it every time I make the effort to read one of your posts it's full of errors & lies?

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/community/Forums/Categories/Topic/?topic-id=420752&start-page=70

Monkeyninja... so you're saying he's getting bad results 'cos he's slow?... I never thought of that... thanks! (BTW last championship Rossi won... 7 poles out of 17)

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

are you drunk hugelean?

If so fair enough, it is friday night. But ...

Rossi and Dani missed 8 races between them and rode half the season injured, Rossi all but one race and you guessed it Casey managed 9 podiums and couldn't beat either of them

Stoner beat Pedrosa 3 times and Rossi 6 times in 2010.

Although he almost certainly wouldn't have been a title contender, you can guarantee he would have figured out some way to put the thing on the podium using the array of techniques that Guintoli, Capirossi, and Guareschi witnessed and said were impossible to replicate.

Rossi has achieved nothing so far this season, and despite the ravings of the yellow cool-aid crowd, it isn't all Ducati's fault.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices