Skip to content

Discuss This Video: Is Aprilia's RS4 king of sports 125s? First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Video: Is Aprilia's RS4 king of sports 125s?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Video: Is Aprilia's RS4 king of sports 125s?

How quick things change. Just a few years ago if you wanted a performance 125 it had to be a two-stroke. Now the ‘ring-dingers’ have virtually disappeared, made obsolete by emissions regulations and replaced by four-strokes. Encouragingly, though, this hasn’t led to the demise of the sports 125 – in fact far from it. The 125 learner market continues to be...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (30 September 2011 15:35)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
YORKSHIRE1003

Apr 11

I agree, you can't go wrong with the Honda. I had one but looking back only a year ago when I was 19; I struggle to see the point of sport 125s. Yeah it was slightly cool but it's just a commuter in a dress. I went to Scotland earlier this year on an FZ6 which is a bog-standard kinda 600. I couldn't have done that trip on a 125. My advice to the new and young rider is: get a good ol' low key 125 like a CG, YBR, CBF, even a Van Van for crying out loud. Save your money for a 'proper bike', then you can get down to some proper riding quicker. Please read my articles on MCN. You may find them interesting, you may not.

Reply to this Topic
davevr46

Feb 11

davevr46 says:

these bike are sheep in wolves clothing...

as for touring on a 125, ive been round the uk's coast, lands end to john o gorats. on a cbf125, does 70mph eventually, very good on petrol (118mpg i averaged).

ive clocked up 30k on my cbf allready from daily use, to and from work, and the occasional tour..infact i use it more than my 916 which probly comes out twice a week for a blast.

Reply to this Topic
rlf3

Jan 10

rlf3 says:

Pointless & expensive

Instead of one of these exercises in stupidity, just get a Sinnis Trackstar.

Much more comfy, much more versatile, much more fun.

Much cheaper too.

Reply to this Topic
luckyskua

Jan 11

luckyskua says:

Go MCN Go!!!... away

Interestingly the Reiju Company were the most resourceful by pulling their engine out of a cement mixer. Teens being what they are have short memories so they won't remember the 105mph TZR's before too long. Adult riders being what they are will hit the stop button after about 1 minute of this lame Can.

Reply to this Topic
CBRJGWRR

Aug 11

CBRJGWRR says:

NO

The two strokes still for sale.......... long live the RS 125!!!

(Speaking as a CBR125R and CBR600F owner....)

An RS 125 would annialate these bikes. so would an NSR 125, or RG125, or TZR125.

All hail the two strokes.

Reply to this Topic
CBRJGWRR

Aug 11

CBRJGWRR says:

doh.

I spelt annihilate wrong...

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale