Skip to content

Discuss This Motegi MotoGP: Valentino Rossi frustrated to miss second row MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Motegi MotoGP: Valentino Rossi frustrated to miss second row

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Motegi MotoGP: Valentino Rossi frustrated to miss second row

Valentino Rossi was left frustrated after the Italian missed equalling his best Ducati qualifying result of a tough 2011 by just 0.256s at the Twin Ring Motegi today. The 32-year-old clocked a best time of 1.46.467 to move into sixth place on the grid in the dying moments of this afternoon’s qualifying session. But just when it looked like he would match...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (01 October 2011 18:31)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Hmmm so not even a simple cut and shut

alterations to the tank, just some good old fashioned re-positioning on the machine.18 million euros and the 'world greatest ever' machine set-up duo have only hit upon making the rider more comfortable on the machine?! Fuggin' astounding. They continue to make laughing stock of themselves. 

On the plus side at least Rossi has moved the Desmosedici closer to the front to disprove the lunatics who launch into a engineering genius like Preziosi.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Technique

Jul 11

Technique says:

Motegi QP,

No hard feelings Champ, You delivered a oustanding performance of qualifying and testing multiple parts at the same time.

Good luck to all the riders for the race!

Reply to this Topic
Zoggthefantastic

Sep 11

it pains me to agree

...But the circus continues. From what we've seen the whole season has been like a french farce! 

As for Preziosi genius or not - I don't know enough about him to comment really. But he's conducting a very expensive experiment that is mainly a failure. If he was at Honda they would have had him fall on his sword by now. He should have pulled the idea, and worked on it as a test project until he had ironed these problems out. 

Armchair opinion admittedly but if they had gone back to the steel trellis at least it was inconsistently good rather than consistently poor.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

testing multiple parts at the same time

Can you name them then - seeing as you seem to have inside knowledge

Reply to this Topic
Mort77

Mar 09

Mort77 says:

Nostro

Rossi, a 9 times Champion gets a sarcastic 'world greatest ever' - which all of us who know anything at all about racing know is untrue. He is/was the best of his time. Which is all any rider can be. Jerry Burgess is an 'alleged genius' (not sure if those are your exact words as I don't trawl through peoples past posts in order to pour scorn on them). Come now your hatred towards Rossi is now rubbing off on those who work with him. Whereas Preziosi is an 'engineering genius'. Yep he must be. He's built a bike that only one man could ride to a win on more than one occasion. That said man had to ride on or over the limit at every round, on every lap.

Reply to this Topic
arnold22

Jul 11

arnold22 says:

Rossi seemed more confident this weekend

I missed the QP session transmission in the morning, so, I didn't browse any Motorsports websites to indicate who got the pole, and who qualified where on the grid. I just finished the repeat telecast of qualifying on Star Sports, and

Stoner did it again

. It's a new record, I guess, securing 10 pole positions (in 15 races so far), in one season, a great achievement indeed.

However, I think, Lorenzo would have been surprised by his own pace in the qualifying as he got onto the front row, but still sandwitched between the two Hondas (the other one being Dovizioso's).

I would say that I saw an improvement in Rossi-Ducati package, he did a great qualifying, and did good in free practice as well. Rossi, though missed out on the second row, but still out-qualified Hayden. Rossi did run-off the track at the end of the session, which didn't help. But still, I think, he feels lot better/comfortable with the bike. Is he running a full-aluminium chassis this weekend? The commentators say that he has been experimenting with rider's position on the Ducati, improving the feeling with the front step by step.

Only Dani Pedrosa might challenge him for the win tomorrow, but he couldn't qualify on the front row, but fourth for him, is as good as the front row - we all know that :) . Stoner has 284 points in 14 races, and 4 races are still left. He could amass 100 points (4 wins) to acheive the highest points tally (surpassing 381 set by Lorenzo last year, who beat 373 points tally set by Rossi in 2008). So, there are still a couple of records he can break this season.

We could have a cracking race tomorrow. Stay tuned for Motegi race. By the way, is there any radiation caution in Motegi? Everything seems at the optimum level, I guess.

Arnold

http://arnold.speedattackers.com
Interesting read - Give Rossi a break!

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

It would appear

the only person thats making a "laughing stock of themselves" is you Nostrodamus. Thank you. Most enjoyable.

Reply to this Topic
noshow

Oct 10

noshow says:

Its funny the years have passed and Stoner was rubbish ,only won 2007 because he had the best bike, he's not a development rider , give me 80sec with the bike and ill fix it. Four years of the Stoner haters bagging him belittling him and telling us all how Rossi is going to fix that Ducati in 80 sec.

Well he hasn't the Rossi lovers / Stoner haters have talked up four the last four years and now it has been proven that Rossi can't win on any bike and he ain't the worlds best development/ rider . Take your medicine you deserve it Stoner fans and even just fans of the sport are just giving back some dribble we have all listened to for the last four years. And even though I'm saddened to see Rossi struggle it's nice to see the Rossi fans back peddle. And if you nasty reply to this you are one of the back peddlers and you shouldn't preach to others about god's, no one likes the door knockers.

Reply to this Topic
ppatel3d

Jun 10

ppatel3d says:

Podium

I reckon he will be on podium today. Pedrosa and Spies suprised me in Qualifying.

Reply to this Topic
BishopR6

Jun 10

BishopR6 says:

True colors...

When I first started visiting MCN online and joined the forums, Nostro, aquarius, and a few others were the ones I believed to be unbiased, and fair to all riders. That was when Rossi was winning. But now Rossi is reeling and trying to catch up, and these same guys I used to respect for their posts which were informative and fair, have now become just like the ones who used to slag other riders/users off. I guess it just took a change in fortunes for some people's true colors to show. Its easy to kick someone when they are down, but when rossi was at the top they bit their tongues and pretended to be true fans of the sport. Now, just like the casey haters, every chance to slag off rossi is never missed. I at least expected it from those who were that way from the beginning. Props to RDB and others for being themselves from the start, even if i don't agree with you most of the times... Too many people take these things personally. The fact that rossi is struggling doesn't mean he wasn't a great rider and still is. It means he is on a bike that he doesn't feel comfortable with and they are working to correct that. Yes he and his crew did shoot themselves in the foot with their assumptions about what was wrong with the duke/stoner, but now they are suffering but still working towards a solution. Did we hope that he and ducati could find a solution after a few races, yes, but I don't believe any other rider would've jumped on the bike and be winning races at the go, except stoner that is. So when Rossi is back up front and the duke is a competitive machine in the hands of any capable rider, what will everyone say then? The haters will always hate, and the rabid fans will always grovel.. I for one will be happy to see rossi back in the mix, which just means better racing by all for all. I don't expect him to be the running away with any championships in the future, but just to be back in the mix. By the way... Go Yamaha...

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices