Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

d19yda

Mar 10

d19yda says:

gerbing heated clothing

anyone use it?
THinking about staying warm this winter....

Whats the thoughts?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (02 October 2011 10:48)

Post a message in Clothing

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
d19yda

Mar 10

d19yda says:

jacket...

just hooked up my heated jacket.... put it on and within about 5 seconds i could feel the heat in my arms, left the bike running for a min or so and the jacket was propper roasting! Its thin like a gore tex jacket so it fits under my leathers.
Havnt had it out on the road yet but its gota be a massive improvement!
Only one little niggle.... i thought i would have come with a temp controller so its either HOT or not....
Im thinking about getting the trouser liners now!

Davie

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

I've tried heated inner gloves.

I bought some heated inner gloves at the NEC show a few years ago. They burned the backs of my hands (big red marks!) and I didn't wear them again. In fairness the glove ensemble was quite a tight fit because I was trying to keep the security and feel of summer gloves with added warmth and it didn't work. Better with bulkier gloves probably. I also didn't like being plugged in to the bike's battery.

Reply to this Topic
d19yda

Mar 10

d19yda says:

interesting

point James...

i need a temp controller....

Reply to this Topic
cob427uk

Nov 10

cob427uk says:

Gerbing heated gloves

On a recommendation I bought the Gerbing heated gloves for last winters commuting. They are superb. Excellent quality leather and comfy so that i use them on all but the hottest summer days. With the heating on they get very warm when you stop but on the move they are fine. Used them down to -7 last winter and still warm at motorway speeds. Yes I would like the optional temperature controller but make do with switching them on/off as required. I have fixed the wiring loom to the lining of my jacket with safety pins and cable ties so that i can remove the wiring loom  when the weather is warmer. Excellent gloves that keep all your fingers and thumb warm and better than heated grips. Not cheap but you do get what you pay for.:smile

Got mine from www.poweredadventure.co.uk.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
seanthemac

Oct 11

seanthemac says:

Gerbing clothing

Get it.  I go out on my bike when I'm cold to warm up!  Expensive, but I've had cheaper and the old adage that you get what you pay for is true.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle