Skip to content

Ask an Expert Rotterdam and Amsterdam Touring & travel

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Touring & travel > Rotterdam and Amsterdam

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

redangel

Oct 11

redangel says:

Rotterdam and Amsterdam

Hi all
I'm thinking of traveling out to Rotterdam, spending a few days there, and then going on to Amsterdam for another couple of days, before riding home.
Has anyone any tips on the laws for bikes out there, and somewhere to stay, websites I can try? Really want a hotel with secure parking, because I've been told that bikes are at high risk of theft, especially in 'Dam
Really struggling to find any stuff on the net.
Hope you can help!!

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (03 October 2011 21:07)

Post a message in Touring & travel

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
morpheus20170

Aug 07

Amsterdam

Not the best place to go on the bike imo as boring roads for bikes but Rotterdam and Amsterdam are very similar and not really much to worry about, of course theft is all around us so just take the usual precautions.

A site to look at for staying in Netherlands is: www.bedandbreakfast.nl

Reply to this Topic
debthehog

Sep 11

debthehog says:

places to stay

I've been using a website called bikestay. hotels and B and B's with bike parking, laundry facilities etc

Reply to this Topic
happylemon666

Mar 10

interesting

I'm interested to see how you get on or like it.  I rode through the netherlands a bit going to Sweden and back a couple of years ago, and man it was boring...but, I didn't stop anywhere other than services.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle