Skip to content

General my bike is not fast enough! Pub Talk - over 18s only

You are in... Forums > General > Pub Talk - over 18s only > my bike is not fast enough!

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

JAWAPAWA

Sep 10

JAWAPAWA says:

my bike is not fast enough!

Had my MH125 for two weeks now.

And to be honest its not quick enough, it still gives me a buzz.

Got used to the power after a week.

How do i get a faster machine? am i right in thinking if i take my full test on my 125, i am then restricted to a 33bhp? Or if i take my test on a big bike i can go for anything i want.

My friend who owns the shop said he would pretend its restricted, and just ride anything i want.

Would i be in a world of sh!t if i was caught with a full power bike and it should be 33bhp?

What if i had an accident and they checked my bike?

Dont really want to be dodgy!

I want a superduke next, or might go for a 600, maybe a GSXR.

Or would it rip my arms off. I think i should keep my 125 for 6 months and get some experience, tbh i just wish it was 33bhp so i could crack a ton! would it?

would like to do my test on my 125, if i pass wouldnt mind getting a 250 ninja or a DRZ400 and if i keep it for two years i can ride any size bike i want? right?

can u help cause im confused, as usual!

thanks

JP

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (04 October 2011 16:16)

Post a message in Pub Talk - over 18s only

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Mate

If you're gonna do your test, then do it on a full sized bike and be done.It'll be as hard or as easy on a 125 as it is on 500 tbh.

You'll have a full license,clean conscience and a fully legal Duke.:smile

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Amateurcynic

Jun 09

Amateurcynic says:

Go For

Direct Access, gives you more options once you've passed, you get to ride/acclimatise to a larger machine whilst in the company of an instructor AND it is actually easier to ride than the 125 once you've got the confidence to keep your momentum going at slow speed. Go for it mate:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
stevedeejay

Aug 09

stevedeejay says:

Aye man

bigger is better :winkie:

Reply to this Topic
babyrocket

Aug 11

babyrocket says:

forget

the 250/400dzr  within a week you would be fed  up of those as well, go for the test on a bigger bike then off you go, the world will be your oyster.

Reply to this Topic
aehewitt

Jan 11

aehewitt says:

jawa

you've only had your bike 2 weeks !!!!!!!Time for big bike test.You obviously have the need for speed.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
simon7643

Jun 10

simon7643 says:

Bigger

I passed by bike test 16months ago and did not know what i wanted, but my friend said dont buy 250cc or 400cc as after a month you be bored with speed, so i got a 750cc bike and i have never rode a bike before until my direct access and you know what within a couple of months bored with this and want a 1000cc now but due to insurance cant get one, so i agree if you pass your test get a big bike dont worry about speed it will only go as fast as you want it to go and you get so used to the speed that it will feel natural after a month but if you get a low cc bike you will regret it after a month.

Simon

Reply to this Topic
CBRJGWRR

Aug 11

CBRJGWRR says:

It depends...

How old are you?

At the moment, if your 17 - 21, you have to pass the test on a 125 that can exceed 62 and a bit mile an hour, and is on a DSA approved list for A2 licence 125's. this gives you a licence to ride up to 33 bhp.

If you are older than 21, then you do DAS on something with more than 47 bhp, usually a 500cc thing. after this, it is whatever you can afford and like.

An important thing to note is that not all 125's are accepted for 33bhp restriction, and some 125's are required to be restricted to 15 bhp, because they develop more. (RS 125, NSR125, TZR125, nearly all two strokes)

Also if the examiner doesn't think it does more than 62 mph, then you get a A1 licence, which entitles you to have no L-plates, and carry passengers.

Reply to this Topic
750FLYER

Nov 04

750FLYER says:

Fit one

of these motherf*ckers....

That should sort you out!!!    :unsure:

Reply to this Topic
CharlieSYLO

Mar 11

CharlieSYLO says:

Do the DAS

Might as well get it over with and in the mean time you've still got the 125 as transport. Better than wishing away 2 years of yer life restricted to 33bhp.

Reply to this Topic
gungerdin8

Feb 11

gungerdin8 says:

JAWA M8

DO YA TEST ON THE BIG FELLA! I WENT FROM A DT 125 TO A 350 YPVS STAN S TUNED STAGE 3 WAS QUICKER THAN ME M8S FZR 600 WOOOOOOOO U NO THE APPLE SON

KIND REGARDS GUNGGER

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle