Skip to content

Discuss This MotoGP bosses keen to secure Paul Bird entry for 2012 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > MotoGP bosses keen to secure Paul Bird entry for 2012

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

MotoGP bosses keen to secure Paul Bird entry for 2012

MotoGP bosses are hoping that British team owner Paul Bird can finalise plans to enter a new team in the inaugural 1000cc world championship next year. Bird is currently trying to put together a proposal for his own privately-run 1000cc project and he held talks with Aprilia about an RSV4 engine lease deal during the recent Imola WSB round. Bird is weighing...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (05 October 2011 09:56)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Maxxgas

Dec 10

Maxxgas says:

this must be a pr stunt.

I can't believe Paul bird or any one else can be serious bout running CRT bikes in Motogp, in the words of Sean connery in the untouchables " don't bring a knife to gun fight". They are going to be whipping boys week in and week out. Even if they squeeze enough BHP out of the engines to be close I don't think anyone will be able to develop electronics that will be able to get those super stiff bridgestones to work, mind you teams could get some decent income by having rear facing BBC cameras on board to show the factory bikes coming past two or three times each race,

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

mcbainuk

You hit the nail right on the head with the exception of "As CRT is essentially a superbike at heart, hopefully SBK riders shouldn't find the transition quite so difficult." ***** The only heart of a SBK is a hyper tuned 1000cc engine. All the CRT teams will run custom made "racing" chassis much like Moto 2. It will be just as difficult to transition to race chassis (they have the electronics in SBK, WSS already) for the proddie bendy bike racers emigrating from SBK, WSS, or even SSTK. Among only four refugees from the Flammini series; Corti, Sofuoglu, Neukirchner, and Pirro I believe; only Kenan has shown a glimpse of hope against the born and raised GP riders. The same fate awaits SBK/BSB riders on CRT bikes in my opinion. ***** That may sound negative but I am remaining positive about CRT in general unlike most posting on this thread. I think CRT will be able to attract talent wishing to prove themselves. CRT in GP will be the EVO class of BSB, not too much bitching about that in it's second season. We have had some serious quality riding from the likes of Gowland, Lowes, Brogan, Richards, and even Seeley on EVO bikes. At Silverstone Gowland grabbed a 6th overall!!! ***** CRT's problem much like EVO is finding the people to bank roll the efforts of mid field runners. CRT bikes much like Moto 2 will give many a backstreet chassis makers a chance to showcase their talent as well as a talented and motivated rider. ***** Hardly a rider on the planet would choose any series over a ride in GP's given a fraction of an opportunity (unless they are career oriented bully boys like Corser or Mladdin) even though climbing on board a racing chassis will be a shocker. SBK is in the pooh just like GP's, f*ck me only 13 finishers in race 1 at Magny! And not for the first time this season. Get your scooter, get on the grid and you too could score points in SBK! GP's rule...............

Reply to this Topic
mcbainuk

Sep 09

mcbainuk says:

Yep, sorry for the confusion, by "at heart" I was referring to a SBK engine.

Reply to this Topic
mcbainuk

Sep 09

mcbainuk says:

Fair point about WSS racers who've gone to Moto2 though. Not sure what's going on with Sofuoglu, at times he's shown he's capable of good results. The lack of experience on the tracks is going to have an affect. Sadly for Neukirchner he's never been the same rider since his accident.

I too am optimisic about the CRT. If there are enough of those bikes on the grid then it should be good, like Evo class. Would be a little pointless if there's only 2 or 3 CRT bikes. I'll wait and see.

Reply to this Topic
Arlow666

Feb 09

Arlow666 says:

Paul Birds record

Surely he'll be signing Gobert and Tony Montanna

Reply to this Topic
markgardiner

Mar 11

markgardiner says:

What about Rossi's finger? That's the real MotoGP story...

Rossi’s broken his finger? I guess that will mean he’ll have even more trouble pulling it out, eh? If you would love a return to the days when real men raced a Grand Prix on the Isle of Man, read ‘Riding Man’! This is a great, true account of an everyman’s dream of racing in the TT. It also covers the history of the TT as the British Grand Prix in detail, and describes the circumstances under which Grand Prix regulars boycotted the TT in the early ‘70s. Suffice to say, back in those days a broken finger was not newsworthy. Get more information about this great book or just download it now at Amazon UK’s site by going here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004R9QPWC

Reply to this Topic
scoobes

Jun 03

scoobes says:

toys and pram !!!!!

it looks to me that birdie has thrown all his toys out the pram because he has been dumped by kawasaki,,,, wsb has been ok for him the last couple of years but now its second rate ????

Reply to this Topic
mcbainuk

Sep 09

mcbainuk says:

Gobert... oh what could have been.

Reply to this Topic
R30Paul

Jul 08

R30Paul says:

I thought Paul Bird was gonna run the new Ducati 1199 Panigale engine in a CRT...
'cos from that pic it looks like he expecting Twins! ;-)

Badum Tush!

Reply to this Topic
R30Paul

Jul 08

R30Paul says:

"MotoGP bosses keen to secure Paul Bird..."

well you wouldn't want him rolling about in the pit lane would you!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices