Skip to content

Discuss This New MV Agusta F4 R to cost £14,499 New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > New MV Agusta F4 R to cost £14,499

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Dan Aspel  says:

New MV Agusta F4 R to cost £14,499

MV Agusta has just released details of the new 2012 F4 R Corsa Corta. A lower cost, lower-spec. alternative to the F4 RR, it will be priced at £14,499. The R’s engine is identical to the 998cc, short-stroke, four-cylinder unit carried by the £17,999 RR, but with a small drop in power from 201bhp to 195bhp. This is due to a different...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (06 October 2011 16:55)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
cdlacey

Jul 11

cdlacey says:

What's the point?

So the bike that in it's full spec came third in the MCN group test against two bikes both costing less than 15k, is now having a lower spec model released that is still more expensive than the competition that it already lost to?

The F4RR and MV are aspirational brands, producing products that are about style and passion, what exactly is passionate about what is effectively a cheap knock off of their own product?

I guess the proof of the pudding will be in the eating, MCN should do a head to head test of both bikes. I am assuming that the full beans version is better, but that's not always the case, look at the new Streetfighter 848 compared to it's 1098 sibling.

Reply to this Topic
apriliarsv998

Jul 05

Look at it.

When you look at the pictures you can see what the point is – it looks fantastic. Unfortunately I need more from my bikes than just looks so I decided an MV is not for me.

Reply to this Topic
busaman195

Aug 09

busaman195 says:

Nice

great looks, great power,but the price, not for me....lotto win yes please!

Reply to this Topic
gixercarl

Sep 06

gixercarl says:

mv

my 2011 10r will eat it for breakfast

owned mv before they are sheds

Reply to this Topic
Eddy998

Oct 06

Eddy998 says:

MV

Can't see anyone wanting an MV buying the cheaper version with all the downgraded bits it has. It's almost as if they are trying to put you off buying it!!! If anyone wants one, they'll want the "all singing and  dancing version " I reckon!!!!!!!!!!! Would be interesting to know if they actually sell any of this version compared to the other.

Reply to this Topic
MrsDaytona675

Sep 11

Futuristic MV

Gorgeous futuristic looking bike, still pricey for a downgraded version. But good on for MV for wanting to target a niche market out there somewhere....

Reply to this Topic
gasfitter42

Feb 11

gasfitter42 says:

mv

overpriced so it will be a very nich market. the economy of mv homeland would suggest a lower price by a big margin?

Reply to this Topic
b12lesuppo

Oct 11

b12lesuppo says:

What's the difference?

Not sure I see the point between this F4 1000R 2012 and the F4 1000R 2010... OK, the new one has 9bhp more than the "old" one, but pretty sure it does not change anything. They are simply making feel the guys that have bought the 2010 model as having an old version... Personally I much prefer my red frame / grey body so glad they are not doing it anymore... Only drawback of these MV is consumption, I reached 19mpg in town last week which is really appalling. G.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices