Skip to content

Discuss This World's top 5 worst exhausts General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > World's top 5 worst exhausts

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Guy Procter  says:

World's top 5 worst exhausts

There's little doubt we are leaving the age of the aftermarket end-can. With legislation tightening, Daily Mail readers not going deaf in sufficient numbers and many simply becoming annoyed by the sound of their own engine spinning at an apparent 46,000rpm let alone anyone else's, the first rung of the bike modification ladder is rotting away. A decade ago such a...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (07 October 2011 11:39)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Andy949494

Feb 08

Andy949494 says:

How about...

The five worst exhausts of production bikes? Could get contentious...

I will start off by proposing:

1. MZ 250 ETZ (circa 1980) exhaust that looked like a fallen over industrial chimney and has to have an extra metal strap to its end to hold it on...

2. Honda deauville exhaust. Sorry Honda but this effort is close to the MZ. Understand that it can't go through the panniers but it doesn't need to be so big or stick out so far... How about looking at an ER6 type or a Fazer type exhaust to see what alternatives you could have had?

3. Honda CBF125 exhaust that is so lightly painted it rusts in the showroom a (shame on you Honda such a great bike apart from that). Another concern is that the engine is much too quiet - you can't tell its running when at idle!

4. BMW F800 exhaust that is far too long.  Even 6 inches shorter would be better.

5. Honda VFR1200 Exhaust. The back part of this is really ugly and big. It looks like some horrible bit of folded up fat..

(Dis) Honourable mention to the Honda SS50 (1976 era) up and over exhaust - A horrible piece of chrome work that burnt hands and injured people in accidents and was fitted to a road bike with a pressed steel frame (that you really shouldn't take off road).

Reply to this Topic
tris123

Feb 09

tris123 says:

nice

I didn't know Borat made exhausts.

Reply to this Topic
KingWasp

Jan 10

KingWasp says:

XJ6

The XJ6 rust box has got to be up there...heavy and crap sound..I drilled mine out and still not great.......

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Honda Deauville exhaust

Andy949494 is nuts!  The stainless steel exhaust heat-shield on NT700V Deauville exhaust has an attractive shape, and goes well with the rest of the bike, especially silver (guess what color my NT700V is).  It could be a bit quieter, however.

I don't care nearly as much for the muffler on my 2006 CBR600F4i (aka Hurricane), as it is just a plain stainless steel cylinder, which does not match the rest of the bike (yellow and titanium).

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices