Skip to content

Sport was rossi right re lorenzo? MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Sport > MotoGP > was rossi right re lorenzo?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

speedy666

Sep 11

speedy666 says:

was rossi right re lorenzo?

Is the new domination of Honda due in some part to the fact the Yamaha has not progressed?

Rossis main complaint last season if the press is to be believed was that his main rival (lorenzo) was riding a bike developed by him! now Rossi has left lorenzo has won 3 races and Spies one.

for arguments sake lets say Rossi had been a success on the Ducati and was picking up podiums, were would this have left Yamaha?? a few podiums and the Tech 3 squad even further down the grid. how can the M1 suddenly go from the bike of choice to a bike where world champions are scrabbling round for podiums? 

At the moment Lorenzo is riding Rossis old bike but next year Lorenzo will be on the all new thou and then we will really see if Lorenzo has what it takes because lets face it he was almost gifted his title last year due to others falling by the wayside with injuries and illness,

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (07 October 2011 15:54)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
shaun1979

Oct 11

shaun1979 says:

You make a good point with what you say. Lorenzo hasnt really done too good this year. Maybe Rossi really did make a big difference when he was in Yamaha.

I look forward to next year because of how Rossi has worked in the past. Learn year 1 and 2nd year blitz the competition. I believe there is a strong chance he could do the same with the Duke. He has developed a poor bike in the past. Note Yamaha before he went there.

Although im not a Stoner fan, I do think Stoner deserves abit of Respect because he managed to win 1 title with the Duke, and with what he has done this season. If Rossi and the Duke do better next year, Stoner will be strong comp for Rossi. Not sure about Lorenzo.

Reply to this Topic
no1toprider

Aug 02

no1toprider says:

1st year 2nd year

Vale used to learn and win a race in the first year, 125,250,500, 990 4 stroke, and then be world champ the following year. Unless Ducati get their act together Vale will be lucky to clock up a win in year 2 this time, let alone the championship. What this year has shown beyond doubt is that that misserable whinging Aussie, is the allien of alliens and one awsome motorcycle rider.   

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Stoner and Rossi

Stoner is able to put his faith in the electronics in a way that other riders aren't he also has an inate ability to keep the bike shiney side up when its sliding about.

There is no denying now that Stoner has matured in to a very strong racer. There possibly is questions still to be answered regarding if he can really develop a bike or just ride around problems.

Lorenzo has generally been there or there abouts so he's not finished but I can't see the yamaha being significantly a better package than any other team next year. when a bike is working well many riders can go quick on it. When the bike ain't working so well few riders really seem to know how to significantly improve things.

Rossi has been a suprise this year. The modifications that have been put in place to his Duke don't seem to have helped much and that MUST have a psychological effect for next year. Ducati must learn that some aspects of formula 1 technology can't yet be read across to MotoGP without causing handling issues.

I know many riders are suffering from grip issues this year and can't imaging the tyres will be given an easier time next year. Many designers say riders tend to be overly conservative regading bike design but often new revolutionary designs haven't worked well. Going back to basics might be the best way forward

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
ddrooster

Mar 11

ddrooster says:

welcome to la la land

funny aint it that all of the so called aliens have expressed there  sorrow at the death of marco simoncelli

bar mr lorenzo

a true champion always respects the opposition

nuff said

Reply to this Topic
jam4pam

Oct 11

jam4pam says:

ducati hanging by a thread

your right about the state of Yamaha before Rossi got hold of it, though praise has to be shared to Jeremy Burgess and the team aswell, Lorenzo joined Yamaha after the bike was sorted, as for the Ducati, there have been others things going on in background that have hampered the Rossi/Burgess team, poor Jeremy has lost a family memeber( his mum i think) and his wife wasnt doing to well at one point, then to have a bike to only work if you didnt have a brain or riding skills

I`m not saying Stoner is rubbish, Spondonst is right that hes matured this year, but on the Ducati it was all electronics, you cant open a throttle to full when leaning over only half way through the corner without help, stoner didnt know how to correct the slide so relied on the bike, but other riders including rossi and hayden know to use the throttle and control it themselves but then the bike tries to take over and that makes the bike unrideable, on the honda before going to ducati stoner would just fall of every corner through lack of skill so he was a perfect candidate, being sideways on the ducati has helped him with the repsol honda thats why he can cope with it as its normal for him.

Lorenzo has the skill i`ll give him that as he`s the only yamaha rider to get up the front regularlythis year, however i dont think he has the skill to develope the bike further than the rossi/burgess era.

Rossi has surprised me this year, i didnt think he`d cope with the bike to start but did expect better even with what i mentioned earlier, though Hayden has done better with what theyve developed, except he tends to fade towards end of the race (tyre life), Ducati have got to show the world how its done next year or theyll end up where suzuki were last year and before.....at the back behind tech 3

Reply to this Topic
shaun1979

Oct 11

shaun1979 says:

Completely agree

I agree without a doubt about going back to basics. I do think that it will really show a riders ability. It is possible that there is also too much electronics involved. I agree with what you say about Stoner. I guess he is one of the 'New Generation' of riders. Shame. Man..are we getting old. This sounds like grandads talking..."in my day" etc etc

LOL

Reply to this Topic
revnev7

Oct 11

revnev7 says:

lorenzo

Lorenzo ai`nt done too good this year? Only Stoner stopped him being World champ.For Gods sake! As for Rossi coming good in his second year,not a hope.I`d blame the bike. Like in Australia, lost the front again, trouble is it was the backend that went! Or Sepang, front again emm no went into the corner out of contol,too fast and down. 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices