Skip to content

Discuss This Andrea Dovizioso shuns Honda for Tech 3 Yamaha MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Andrea Dovizioso shuns Honda for Tech 3 Yamaha

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Andrea Dovizioso shuns Honda for Tech 3 Yamaha

Andrea Dovizioso has turned down the chance to ride a factory-backed RC213V machine for LCR Honda to agree a deal with Tech 3 Yamaha in 2012. The Italian informed Tech 3 boss Herve Poncharal of his decision yesterday (Friday) and an official announcement is expected on Monday morning. A contract is then likely to be signed during next weekend’s Australian MotoGP round...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (08 October 2011 14:59)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Lorenzo99

Jun 10

Lorenzo99 says:

Good Move

Seems like a good move.Lets hope that Tec 3 can come up with the goods next year.I think it is the right move for him as it has'nt really worked out for him at Honda.Honda were always going to favour Dani over Dovi & the only rider likely to oust Dani in the future is Mark Marquez.

As for Dovi vs Spies,they are very evenly matched,put them both on the same bike ( factory yams or hondas ) & it would be very interesting.I think over a course of a championship that Dovi would win but not by much & certainly not every race.This is'nt going to happen so we will never know,but we do know that both riders are very good & Ben will have the better bike next season.

Reply to this Topic
fockyerdoder

Sep 11

fockyerdoder says:

So far in 2011 everyone and their dogs are calling the Honda the superior bike (not discussing whether that's true now). Still Ben is easily out-qualifying Dovi. As for results Dovi is leading slightly, mostly because of Ben's 3 DNFs vs Dovi's 1. Can Dovi do better on the Yam? Maybe. But based on current results Dovi doesn't look like he's faster.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

I agree.

Fockyerdoder with your post I would easily pick Ben over Dovi one of my reasons because of #11s racecraft I reckon without the incident last weekend he would have beaten the Repsol rider.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

Interesting that he only got the Tech3 ride as Alvaro Bautista rejected it. I wonder if Alvaro has been let in on the biggest secret in MotoGp. is Suzuki staying or going?

Reply to this Topic
mike2265

Apr 11

mike2265 says:

I agree with everyone - probably a good move.  Better to move sideways and down rather than straight down - even if the LCR ends up been a slightly better bike.  The only way this will be a bad mood is if simo keeps fcking up and if Marquez (when the mood happens) can't handle thebig bikes.

I'd probably pick spies over dovi but not by much and in the last race I'd have picked dovi over spies because he seems to gel on that track - not that we'll ever know.

And it seems Bautista rejected Tech3 because he got an LCR ride - good move as well.

Reply to this Topic
Zoggthefantastic

Sep 11

Tech 3

Probably wanted Bautista over Dovi as part of a marketing thing from yamaha. Spain is a big bike market and Honda have it sown up motogp wise. They're both similarly talented riders.

Reply to this Topic
Zoggthefantastic

Sep 11

Also

I reckon the reason suzuki are taking so long to make a decision is that they are trying to work out a CRT offer. After all why run mid pack at the cost of a factory bike when you could run mid pack for a fraction of the cost and prove to the buying public that your factory engine is a belter.

Reply to this Topic
fockyerdoder

Sep 11

fockyerdoder says:

Suzuki are testing a 1000cc bike. Maybe they waited for the others to show their hands before deciding on their own design? I hope they stay and manage to build a decent litre beast for next year. Would be good to have 3 teams battling for the front again.

Reply to this Topic
diceman23

Nov 09

diceman23 says:

don't blame him

I thought tech3 were going to be on 800's next year? Now I'm assuming I'm wrong and tech3 will be on 1000's. I can't see Dovi passing up on a factory supported 1000 LCR machine in favour of an 800 no matter how much his pride has been hurt at Honda. but tech3 is probably his only route back into a factory team as he's already stated he wouldn't want to ride for Ducati with Rossi still there so pragmatic decision.

(PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T TURN THIS INTO A THREAD ABOUT ROSSI JUST COS I MENTIONED HIM)

-BOYBILLY

Alvro has been offered a pramac seat for next year (see Gpone) with an eye on Haydens seat for the year After. I don't think even Paul Denning knows what Suzuki are doing yet, still if they do field a single bike next year and Bautista goes somwhere else it would leave the door neatly open for hopper..... 

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Strange choice?

I'm surprised he has gone for the Tech3 Yam really as I would have thought there was more chance of the Honda receiving better upgrades from the factory than the Yamaha and therefore being the more competitive option out of the two. No doubt however, there will be factors in the decision that we will never know about. Maybe he's just pissed off with Honda.

I don't think there is a realistic chance of him doing anything on the Tech3 bike that will make Yamaha offer a factory bike in 2013. He has had a factory Honda for 3 years and has yet to better 4th. He was beaten by a Tech3 Yam in one year and Pedrosa, who has missed 4? races is only 1 point behind him in this year's standings, so it looks like another 4th at best again. Last Repsol rider every year.

They aren't the performances that get you considered for another factory ride. His days on a factory bike seem finished.

Racingfan99 - Dovi was not gonna move to satellite Honda and have Marco as a teammate - He wouldn't be his team mate, Simo is Gresini on a factory bike.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices