Skip to content

Discuss This LCR Honda to turn to John Hopkins? MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > LCR Honda to turn to John Hopkins?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

LCR Honda to turn to John Hopkins?

Lucio Cecchinello will turn his attention to John Hopkins, Randy de Puniet or Alvaro Bautista for a 2012 MotoGP ride now that Andrea Dovizioso has opted to sign for Tech 3 Yamaha. Cecchinello had made signing Dovizioso his number one target for 2012 after a disastrous campaign with Spain’s reigning Moto2 world champion Toni Elias. Cecchinello made Dovizioso an offer during the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (08 October 2011 15:15)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Mort77

Mar 09

Mort77 says:

Of the two

I would rather see Hopper on the LCR Honda as imo he is the better rider. Although I understand his preference to come back with Suzuki a 1000cc Honda is surely the better option than a probable 800cc Suzuki.

Reply to this Topic
diceman23

Nov 09

diceman23 says:

Short memories

For my twopence worth I'd like see RDP back on the LCR. Last year he made the the most of what was essentialy a Bitsa bike and was one of the most exciting people to watch all season long. It's been horrible watching him struggle on the Duc and I'd like to see him back somewhere he can compete. But yeas, I agree, Bautista is the better rider. If they can spring for two bikes next year RDP and Bautista at LCR would an exciting team to watch.

Condradicting myself now but if LCR continue to field one bike even though it's a dog I would like to see Bautista on the pramc next year. I know the Duc has been a  career killer but something about his performance on the Suzuki this year makes me think he could 'do a stoner' and be the next rider to master the Duc. Ho hum wishful thinking i suppose.  

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
fockyerdoder

Sep 11

fockyerdoder says:

Yeah I'd like to see RdP with LCR again too. Considering what he did with the customer spec 800cc in 2010 one could only be guessing what he can do with a factory spec 1000cc in 2012. Because if I'm not mistaken, then LCR could well get the last remaining factory spec RC213V even though Dovi didn't sign with them.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

One mistake.

Which Lucio made was getting rid of Randy but Hopper would be exciting to watch on that bike too as well.

Reply to this Topic
leemuz

Jul 08

leemuz says:

well

If suzui offer hopper a ride he'll stay with suzuki....who have helped resurect his career.

i think it would be good for de puniet to go to LCR and he'll be up the pointy end for defo....

Failing that VR could move to LCR ...lol...

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

The issue is.

Suzuki are facing an uncertain future and that could leave Hopper in the cold.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
acanada46

Aug 11

acanada46 says:

young blood

pointless putting hoppo on the suzuki,hes had his chances. give up and comeing riders a chance,

Reply to this Topic
leemuz

Jul 08

leemuz says:

poor hoppa

How s**t must it've been to lose by .6th of second....

But till...well done tommy hill......could he make it in moto2..??

Reply to this Topic
acanada46

Aug 11

acanada46 says:

i think hoppa thought he could cover anything that tommy could throw at him...should have made a move earlier and tried to get a gap...tommy you get hoppas ride in motogp.

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Considering Hoppers injury and first time in bsb and that it took a mechanical for Tommy HIll to get close to him he's done a pretty good job..Was bin it or win it for Hill after getting handed a lifeline.. But hopkins has a motogp race in a short time and will no doubt be thinking alot about that.. If hoppers bike had it kept together he'd have walked it.in his rookie year.. end of..

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle