Skip to content

Ask an Expert first policy, MCE help! Insurance

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Insurance > first policy, MCE help!

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

leongecko

Oct 11

leongecko says:

first policy, MCE help!

Hi,

buying my first bike next week, thought i would set up the policy in advance, I have been trawling through loads of the comparison sites (not a pleasant experience) anyway went with MCE as they were quite cheap and included breakdown cover, I know theres some horror stories with them but there seems to be with everyone i looked at!

Anyway, just paid the full amount £175.00 tpft, and the policy has been emailed to me and it says "EXCLUDES journeys between home and normal place of business" 
WTF? does this mean I am not covered when I commute? this is the whole point of the bike! every quote i have been getting I have selected the 'social, domestic, pleasure and commuting option'.

I have literally just bought it, am I going to be screwed by charges if I say "hey! of course i need to be covered between home and normal place of business! I told you that!!".

Or have i got the wrong end of the stick? 

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (08 October 2011 19:23)

Post a message in Insurance

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
cairnsie13

Jan 11

cairnsie13 says:

no you havent

that means it excludes commuting to work.

Reply to this Topic
leongecko

Oct 11

leongecko says:

mce

goddamm....

now i expect they are going to charge half the policy price again to get it changed even tho its their fault right? 
how depressing

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Insurance error

Contact them and explain the situation first to see what reaction you get.  If you believe that they have not acted properly then you can go through their complaints procedure and then ultimately to the insurance onbudsman.    

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

m.c.e.

Did that with me,yes a good price but they exclude commuting(you asked for) when you get the policy. I rang them back and told them to listen to the recording,they altered (replaced the policy) the details free of charge.Do not deal with them again.:shock:

Reply to this Topic
leongecko

Oct 11

leongecko says:

mce

Cool I have sent them a snotty email, and will phone the buggers tomorrow. 

Honestly are they all thieves? There must be some decent insurers out there. Live and learn I suppose.
Thanks! everyone.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices