Skip to content

Ask an Expert CB1000r or Z1000? Buying & selling bikes

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Buying & selling bikes > CB1000r or Z1000?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

mk1rob

Aug 11

mk1rob says:

CB1000r or Z1000?

Got my eye on the Honda CB1000r and Kawasaki Z1000 for when i pass my test. But which is best? (hey that rhymes!) 

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (09 October 2011 10:00)

Post a message in Buying & selling bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

CB or Z?

Get insurance quotes first   :smile

Reply to this Topic
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

Depends

what you plan to do with the bike (weekend blasts / two-up touring / commuting / A&B roads / M-ways).

You will however need to get *accurate* insurance quotes - as a newbie, this is going to be one of the biggest hurdles without a doubt.

Also factor in likely repair costs of dropping it.

How much of a budget are you looking to spend?

Reply to this Topic
mk1rob

Aug 11

mk1rob says:

bikes

Thanks for the replies. Price wise im willing to just save up and pay the going rate for one thats maybe 2-3yrs old. 

Ill be using it for nice weather a/b road rides and occasionally motorways for meets and shows etc.
Just looked up insurance and they both came out around £500 which im suprised about tbh. Was expecting abit more! filled it all in truthfully too:smile

Reply to this Topic
Andy949494

Feb 08

Andy949494 says:

Both nice bikes but...

Be careful when reading because the magazines rave about how much better the new Z1000 is compared to the old one (that you would be likely to be buying...)
If you discover in time that you have less money for both the bike and insurance the CB600 (i.e. the new post 2007 hornet)  is still a lovely thing and very unfairly treated. Not great for long trips and no fairing to keep the rain off but small and easy to ride but with a real top end kick and wonderful suspension. Just loves B roads and great fun.

Reply to this Topic
shugd3

Jun 11

shugd3 says:

cb or zeee

i've had the new z1000 for 2 months, still can't get the grin of my face, awesome bike, i had the z750, same style as the z1000 you'll get if you're going for 2-3 years old, loved that bike, easy to ride, very smooth engine,why not have a test ride on one of those, great deals on it at the moment (sound like a kawasaki salesman lol),

didn't buy a cb 1000, because, when i rang honda twice for a test ride, on both occasions i was told salesman was on the other line, and he would get back to me, guess what, never heard from them, kawasaki on the other hand, couldn't do enough for me, no brainer

shugd3

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Attached images:

1. DSC_0030  
  2. DSC00091  
Reply to this Topic
mk1rob

Aug 11

mk1rob says:

wow

that looks bloody AWESOME!

Reply to this Topic
shugd3

Jun 11

shugd3 says:

z1000

cheers rob, i have wanted to get one as soon as i saw it, i read all the magazine articles comparing similar bikes, speed triple, ktm duke, honda cb1000r, to me it looked the best or is that "the beast" as everyone tells me, most mags said it was the best jap naked, so i test rode it, compared to my z750, which i had for 4 years and loved it, the z1000 blew me away, the acceleration was awesome, great handling and braking. just a thought have you had a look at the triumph street triple, might be worth a test ride.

shugd3.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices