You are in... Forums > General > General > KTM RC8 any thoughts

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

KTM RC8 any thoughts

O/H has been looking at one, but reviews  seem to be different on different sites.

Anyone know much about them.

Any input would be good.

Ta muchly

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (09 October 2011 10:04)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

Fast bikes....

have done a spread on them this Month....he'll get a free balaclava too.

Reply to this Topic
newbiebikerboy

Apr 04

babyblade

what do you want to know, i have an 08 RC8 which I'm about to sell if your interested.

Currently fitted with JCE exhaust, SAS plates, O2 sensor removal, Flyhammer rearsets, AKRO swingarm protectors, Pipercross filter, Anodised clutch and brake covers, 43t stealth sprocket. Cracking condition.
Anyway, enough about mine. These are beautiful bikes but do need abit more looking after, They are not for everyone as its a big lumpy V-Twin, if your buying second hand then all of the issues should have been taken care of, if they havnt then walk away from it. They come completey ready to race with suspension setup for the track, easy to make useable on the road though as the WP shocks are top class. the bike is full adjustable from the off, adjustable ride height, adjustable seat unit heigh, adjustable clip on height, adjustable rear sets and head angle. If it doesn't fit from when you buy it then a few spanner tweaks and it will fit. I absolutely love mine and have not a single regret, If you fit the JCE exhaust then be prepared for serious attention as there isn't much else out there thats as loud as that. If you want any more info then let me know.
:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

NBB

wonder if you'd mind pm your mobile as O/H finds it easier to ask the right things. He had the 08 Blade and traded it in for a Moto Guzzi Stelvio for touring and an R1 for the track.

We don't do enough touring to keep the Stelvio as well,

Things like servicing costs, any glitches and what to look out for. oh and what are you looking for yours and  colour mileage etc. You know what I mean!!

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

oldish

Done deal then if you get a free balaclava:lol:

Reply to this Topic
newbiebikerboy

Apr 04

pm sent

sent

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

nbb

many thanks for that, your information has made his mind up now.

Maybe i'll get some peace now !!

Reply to this Topic
gungerdin8

Feb 11

gungerdin8 says:

WELL I TEST

RODE 1 FROM PREMIER BIKES DIDCOT LAST YEAR, N WELL IT HANDLED G8 SUSPENTION WAS TOPS N BRAKES FAULTLES

BUTTTTTTTTTTTT IT WAS AS SLOW AS FUCK, THORT IT WAS GONNA BLOW UP. N NEARLY PULED ME ARMS OUTA THAIR SOCKETS ROUND A ROUNDERBOUT THEY R V V JERKY BUT SPOZE THATS THE V TWIN THINGIE, ANY HOO IF I WERE 60 ID HAVE 1, BUT HEY IVE JUST GOT BACK FROM THE BATTLE CRUSER N WELL THATS HOW I FOUND THE RC8

4 OUTA 10 N I FEALIN JENEROUS!!!!

GUNG:ph43r:

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

hey gunga

test ride is the only thing to do. He was looking at one a t Premier bikes. It just looks so different than the Blade, R1's and the like. If it isn't this it will be a big bang.

Oh and thanks for swaying him for the umpteenth time today:wink:

Reply to this Topic
gungerdin8

Feb 11

gungerdin8 says:

hey blade think thats its alure

it does look good, dont get mr wrong if i werent used 2 in line4, 1 litre bikes \it would have blown my head off its got plenty o grunt, just not wot i was exspecting

have fun gung:roll eyes:

Reply to this Topic
gungerdin8

Feb 11

gungerdin8 says:

soz about me

spelling got booted outa school!

:lol:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy