Skip to content

Discuss This Brands Hatch BSB: Hill takes championship in photo finish British Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > British Superbikes > Brands Hatch BSB: Hill takes championship in photo finish

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Brands Hatch BSB: Hill takes championship in photo finish

Tommy Hill has won the 2011 British Superbike championship after beating John Hopkins in the final race of the season by six thousandths of a second. With just two points separating the pair going into the race, each rider knew all he had to do wrap up the title was finish ahead of the other. Hill was stuck behind Hopkins for the majority of the race...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (09 October 2011 17:50)

Post a message in British Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
folliculist

Oct 11

folliculist says:

Awesome race

Don't think I've ever seen such an intense race. I was actually on my feet for the last 2 laps and I can honestly say I've never been that excited watching a race. And great to see so much positive commentary on here too. Support for both riders regardless of who was being cheered for (with one obvious exception - just go back to the MotoGP forum dude) Hopper was obviously gutted at the end of the race and just couldn't think of anything positive to say, so just said nothing instead. Considering what he's normally like I think it shows just how much he wanted to win this series. I so wanted Hopper to win but Hill really deserved it for that ride. Congrats to all the riders and the organisers for making this the best motor-racing series by far!

Reply to this Topic
Ocdcbr

Jul 11

Ocdcbr says:

Wow

What a last lap!! Congrats to hill! Shame for hopper but he's an amazing rider. Hopefully they will both get good rides for next year! I'm a moto Gp follower and have not missed a race, but races like this show it up as a real pre madona bore fest!!( I'll still watch it tho for the handbags)

Reply to this Topic
keefsloan

Aug 02

keefsloan says:

I was lucky enough to be a guest of the team yesterday and watched it from the garage. I have never, ever known excitement like it. The closest that I can remember is that classic WSB race at brands back in 2000 (the one where Hizzy took that horrible dive at paddock hill bend). That was so exciting that it actually convinced my wife to take her bike test and start riding! My band played at the Samsung Crescent end of season party last night and I have to say that Hopper was in good spirits, chatty and fairly upbeat. The rest of the team were also in fairly good spirits and everyone had a good time. A fantastic team, a great bunch of guys and it was an honour to be part of what is surely destined to go down in motorcycling history as one of the greatest races ever.

Reply to this Topic
olly8000

Apr 07

olly8000 says:

I was there man!

That was the most amazing race I have ever seen, I was lucky enough to be there and my voice is still croaky now after all the shouting and cheering, don't care what the armchair idiots say on here both Hopper and Hill deserved to win and it came down to the wire which was amazing for the fans, and if you were actually there Hopper was not stroppy at all he was a gracious loser just gutted not to win....

Got to say it again what a race !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
ChimneyPortions

Oct 11

Shame

It's a shame Tommy Hill rather than Hopper won as Hill seems to be a bit of a Nob.

It must have been quite annoying to have that fat ginger twat Tony Carter sticking a microphone in your helmet after you have just lost a championship that you have been striving for all season.

Tony Carter did seem more annoying this weekend than normal jumping into the winners enclosure and being obnoxious.

How he keeps that job is a complete mystery as he is a very poor presenter.

Shakey must also be pretty pissed of as he got most points over the season but came third - quite bizarre.

Reply to this Topic
may c

Aug 02

may c says:

brands

fantastic days racing well done to all.jeez i bet the time flys by in your company chimney portions. moan moan moan,hill a bit of a nob hes broke his thigh twice and becomes bsb champ top man in my book and you could see hopper was totaly gutted brought a lump to my throat.

Reply to this Topic
750FLYER

Nov 04

750FLYER says:

Brilliant

brilliant brilliant last race... Well done Tommy.. well proud of you and total respect for your dedication to Jonesy.. I spoke to you at Nick's pub in Yarwell shortly afterwards and am so pleased you got this title.. Totally deserved and earnt!!

Chimney portions - I'd agree about that ginger reporter but not about Tommy.. He is British!!

Keefsloan - Rock on, Track my bitchup!!!!!!!!    ;D

Reply to this Topic
bubs348

Oct 08

bubs348 says:

Shame

Awsome racing, well done Tommy ,  shame that the motor gp can't be so entertaining or thrilling, get it sorted !!!!

Reply to this Topic
mattleon

Feb 09

mattleon says:

Chimney.... Hill is not a nob!!

Iv met him a good few times (and im not talking just about asking for his autograph etc, i mean as in had a beer with him) and let me say he Is a genuine, good hearted down to earth bloke. I do feel sorry for hopper tho. I like him alot too. BUT!!... I don't think he performed as well as he could have. When hill passed him and Ellison, he immediately also took ellison. IMO if he passed him so quickly then, he should have (and could have!) put the move on him much earlier on and made the break. He waited until he HAD to make the pass, which ultimately meant he was neck and neck battling for the win with hill. He should have made the move early. Ellison's pace was good, but not that good - hence why there was a group of riders bunches up behind him. Hopper shoulda made the break much earlier. He had the chance to walk it and was too conservative....

Reply to this Topic
racingfan99

Oct 10

racingfan99 says:

Bubs348

Quite agree mate, can count on one hand in the last 5 years of motogp how many races that have been anywhere nearas exciting as BSB races (or any other class for that matter!)

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices