Skip to content

Discuss This Brands Hatch BSB: Hill takes championship in photo finish British Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > British Superbikes > Brands Hatch BSB: Hill takes championship in photo finish

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Brands Hatch BSB: Hill takes championship in photo finish

Tommy Hill has won the 2011 British Superbike championship after beating John Hopkins in the final race of the season by six thousandths of a second. With just two points separating the pair going into the race, each rider knew all he had to do wrap up the title was finish ahead of the other. Hill was stuck behind Hopkins for the majority of the race...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (09 October 2011 17:50)

Post a message in British Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
wak1309

Jun 10

wak1309 says:

I WAS THERE.....

Haha! I've always wanted to say that about an absolute classic :D

Sat at the front, at the top of Paddock Hill bend was awesome (not that we go to see crashes but there was a lot of action there!) I was kind of hoping a Brit would win but wouldn't have minded Hopper winning? Thanks BSB and all the support races. The marshals also did a great job with the track and downed riders.

Hope the lads in the Stock 1000 are ok? We didn't see it and TV missed it but the recording I watched looked like one lad didn't slow down on the Start/Finish straight after the safety car was deployed following an off on the back part, and skittled one or two bikes in front of him?

Did anyone see Hicky's crash post race? Seen some pics but not sure what happened?? I think he's done great this season to finish 9th and some pretty big names above?

Well done Tommy Hill 2011 BSB Champ. Well done Hopper for keeping him honest and racing your guts out. Well done Shakey for the somewhat overshadowed but nevertheless fantastic double race win!!

Reply to this Topic
oceanvibe

Feb 09

oceanvibe says:

WOW

Just watched this on ITV4 and what a race. One of the best ending to any championship anywhere. Gutted for Hopper but Hill did a great job. After that how can MotoGP come close. Stoner would have been straight to officials to complain that some one was on 'his track' Bring on 2012

Reply to this Topic
750FLYER

Nov 04

750FLYER says:

RFunny how

racing related threads always bring all the dumb-comment fuckwits out of their slumbers...!!!

1986vfr750 - 'fuck you hopper'??? Really..?? Great comment.. The guys given us all a fantastic spectacle this year and must be truly gutted to have fought so hard and lost by so little.

Anyone who thinks Ellison was holding Hopper and Hill up must be stupid or blind.. The guy put in a better race than he has all year.. James is coming into form after great results in WSS!

Why are people dissing Tommy Hill?? He won... He's British.. he fought hard all year.. he's an emotional guy who could hardly talk thru the tears after his win.. bought a lump to my throat.. Tommy you are the fucking man!!!!

Brothers.... Did we not witness the best motorcycle battle since Bayliss/Edwards @ Imola in 2002..??? Why all the bitching....???

Reply to this Topic
colvill1

May 09

colvill1 says:

last year i said hill was totally underrated and there was many on here who said he was washed up.ha ha ha how i laughed.not only did he win the British championship he did it by beating some world class riders.well done son fantastic ps where is windy now

Reply to this Topic
Parkway70

Jun 09

Parkway70 says:

Too right Colvill

you`re right about Hill...He`s a rider who always gives a hundred and ten per cent and has really come of age this year...All he needs now is a top ride in WorldSupers(how about team mate to Rea at TenKate?) to become the rider many of us knew he would be(except Windy of course!!)..as to Windys whereabouts,rumours are that he`s trying to tie up a deal to run his own MotoGp team next year!!

Reply to this Topic
colvill1

May 09

colvill1 says:

cant believe someone on her mentioned the only reason why hill won was because of the technical problem hopper had.what about a blown head gasket.does that not count as a technical problem you nugget

Reply to this Topic
Wellgofar

Jul 10

Wellgofar says:

Hopper

Hopper really deserved to win the championship! Hill was lucky, and even though he is extremely skilled. He only just about managed to beat a guy who's in BSB for the first time and has never seen most of the tracks before. Tommy's great, don't get me wrong but the guy who came from nowhere into BSB, to turn up and lose the whole championship by a few thousands of a second, he's the hero, he deserved it more, the poor sod. Er, well done Tommy, you worked hard for it, luck was on your side though this year.

Reply to this Topic
Parkway70

Jun 09

Parkway70 says:

You sure about that????

crashing out on somebody else's engine coolant and missing Sundays race (not to forget it took a couple meetings to get back to full fitness)...could hardly be called `lucky`

Reply to this Topic
BrandsR6

Oct 05

BrandsR6 says:

Hill lucky?

Both riders had their fair share of luck (good and bad) throughout the year. At the end of the season, they both deserved the title, but only one person can win it and that's the one with the most points.

Plus, I know it was only Hopper's first year in BSB, but don't forget that he's a top MotoGP rider.  So for Hill to beat him fair and square, I'd say that was pretty impressive.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices