Skip to content

Discuss This Kawasaki ER-6n revamped New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Kawasaki ER-6n revamped

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Ben Purvis  says:

Kawasaki ER-6n revamped

Kawasaki’s ER-6n has been heavily updated for 2012 as these pictures show. The naked middleweight shares mechanical components with the faired ER-6f and gets the same changes as that bike, including a new twin-tube steel frame, new swingarm, retuned engine and revised seating position. The bodywork has gained better-defined angles and curves and the headlight and instrument panel have become more compact-looking. Optional...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (10 October 2011 14:00)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
calumshornet57

Oct 11

ER6-N

Im sorry but are kawasaki not making the ER6-N look a bit too much like the hornet? or is this just me being a hornet owner... ;) anyhooo looks like thats going to be a big improvement from the old models!!

Reply to this Topic
steady2wheels

Sep 08

looks real nice i think, apart from that yellow colour they had on the first generation, kind of looks faded and horrible

Reply to this Topic
thehoss

Dec 10

thehoss says:

as a current er6n owner I do prefer the look of this new model, it's a shame they didn't do more by way of upgrades to suspension mind. As said, it does look very hornet-esque

Reply to this Topic
dannywest

Mar 11

dannywest says:

er6n revamp

Its not a bad bike , but it,s not a great bike , it has been said a lot, rode one around northern Thailan, 2008 for 2 weeks ..., definitely rate the Triumph Street triple R way above the Kawasaki and the Honda Hornet 600 ,is the 2nd choice.

Reply to this Topic
ThreK

Oct 10

ThreK says:

@ dannywest

Oh god, you're not seriously comparing the ER-6 to the Street Triple and Hornet, are you? Of course the Triumph is a better bike, primarily the R version. It has over 50% more hp and is in a different price category. Same with the Hornet. It's like saying the Golf is a good car, but the BMW 5 series is better. Of course it is, that's how it's supposed to be.

Anyway, I owned a 2008 ER-6n and I quite like the new one. At least Kawasaki is putting some effort in updating their bikes, unlike Suzuki and Yamaha, they just offer different colors again. Also great job on the new frame and swingarm, looks definitely higher value than the previous model and by far better than the competition alá Gladius and XJ6. Heck, even the new GSR750 has that ugly box section swingarm, although it's clearly possible to make something contemporary and good looking out of steel, too!

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

ER...Wat ya done to me bike?

The new ER 6N-6F,are budget bikes that look cool for what hey are,yet,Kawassaki,these two are CRYING OUT for USD forks,to add some power frontal styling wise. So easy to take VERSYS USD items and re-tune.......

Reply to this Topic
marty1035

Aug 07

marty1035 says:

Good looker

Good looking bike. Well done Kawasaki. Would love the boring old street triple to look like this.

Reply to this Topic
rlf3

Jan 10

rlf3 says:

+ and -

For me there are plus points and minus points to this revamp.

I don't like some of the new styling particularly the twin tube frame, the black thing at the front of the tank, the front mudguard and the rear footpeg bracket.

Can't abide digital speedos, I would far rather have a big analogue speedo and a digital bar type tacho, or no tacho at all.

Plus points: claimed more low and mid range grunt, fork protectors.

Overall, for me it's a minus, I prefered the previous model.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle