Skip to content

Discuss This 'TT3D: Closer to the edge' nears DVD release General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > 'TT3D: Closer to the edge' nears DVD release

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

'TT3D: Closer to the edge' nears DVD release

TT3D: Closer to the edge is set to be released on DVD and 3D Blu-ray on 28th November 2011. The brilliant biking movie, which smashed into the box office top 10, documents the 2010 races at the Isle of Man and captures the essence of the TT with unique behind-the-scenes footage of friends, families and riders melded with the drama, tension...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (10 October 2011 16:08)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jekyllandhyde

Apr 10

can't wait

I am so looking forward to this, especially because it did not come out in the cinemas here in Madrid. I will get it on the day it comes out to appreciate on my big TV =)

Reply to this Topic
bikenutter

Dec 10

bikenutter says:

Got mine on pre-order, have a feeling I'll be watching this daily lol

Reply to this Topic
ddddaveeee

Apr 09

ddddaveeee says:

Superb

This is an awesome film, well worth buying.

As a movie it's simply amazing - even though I already knew and had seen all the results, crashes and stories from the 2010 TT beforehand it still brought a fresh and thrilling perspective on what is an amazing phenomenon. And you get to hear more about Guy Martin than you ever thought you needed to (quivering toes in the van, parked somewhere dark!).

I've been following the TT closely on screen for years, and watched this before going there for the first time this year - and it was even better than my heightened expectations could ever have imagined, if you only do one more thing before you die - go to the TT!!!

You've not seen racing til you've been there - and if you've ever taken part then f*ck me, fair play, you've trully lived!!

Reply to this Topic
rgvyan

Feb 08

rgvyan says:

Missed it at the cinema, seems to have taken forever to come out on DVD. Delaying it to be closer to Christmas? Hmmmmmmm.....

Reply to this Topic
kawacarpo

Nov 07

kawacarpo says:

Advertising

Been waiting for ages for this to come out on dvd cos,like others i wasnt able to see it at cinema.but whats the betting its not advertised on main stream telly?everybody in the biking world knows about the film,its time to get others aware of the film and sport and the only way of doing that is advertising it on main stream.Senna is advertised everywhere,what about TT3D?......

Reply to this Topic
markgardiner

Mar 11

markgardiner says:

Film is great, I'm sure. But it's being distributed by cheap bastards

Universal/Sony contacted me and asked me if I was interested in writing the 16-page magazine style insert that will be packaged with the DVD. For insight into just how desperate these times are for professional motorcycle journalism, read my blog post about their offer, which was an insult. http://backmarker-bikewriter.blogspot.com/2011/09/this-writers-life-or-end-of-journalism.html I'm sure the film is brilliant, but you won't get any additional insight from whatever else the package with the DVD. If you want to learn much, much more about the TT, including what it would really be like for _you_ to ride in it, you need to read my diary of an everyman who gave up everything he had to qualify for the TT. That book is Riding Man, available on Kindle from Amazon.co.uk, here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004R9QPWC

Reply to this Topic
BlackPrince

Feb 09

BlackPrince says:

Mark - any idea on NA release?

Any idea when it'll be released in N America in theatres or on DVD? Senna was playing at a few cinemas in Toronto and I was fortunate enough to catch it but hopefully TT3D will come overe there too on the silver screen

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices