Skip to content

Discuss This Frustration builds as Suzuki stalls on 2012 decision MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Frustration builds as Suzuki stalls on 2012 decision

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Frustration builds as Suzuki stalls on 2012 decision

Factory Suzuki MotoGP boss Paul Denning has admitted the wait for a final decision on whether the Japanese factory will line-up on the grid in 2012 is building frustration within the British-based squad. Denning was hoping to get a clear understanding of Suzuki’s future strategy during the recent Japanese Grand Prix at the Twin Ring Motegi with several senior management figures...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (11 October 2011 09:36)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

I hope they go racing next year!!

They have come on leaps and bounds this year and it would be a real shame to not see them carry that momentum forward.. The series will not be the same without Suzuki and i for one am praying that they do not pack it in...

Build a decent bike for next year and slap Hopper on it! Good things will happen i am sure!!

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

This really is piss poor on the part of Suzuki Mgmt

A multi national company printing money in the sub-continent and Sth East Asia with their small motorcycles and cars. Show a bit of spine Suzuki and promote your brand. Millions on impressionable consumers watch MotoGP in these countries. Or do you want your your Maruti Suzuki's outsold ten to one by Hero Honda?

Reply to this Topic
diceman23

Nov 09

diceman23 says:

FFS just make a decision

Would hate to see Bautista left out in the cold due to Suzukis' dithering. Same goes for Denning and crew. FFS Suzuki just man up field two 800 bikes even if they are mid pack and get your riders on 1000's as soon as possible. More likely we'll see the Suzuki CRT team next year if they even bother what joke.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

All I will say.

Bautista missed a good chance by rejecting Tech 3 agree with Wosi I wouldn't miss them thats for certain they should follow Kawasaki and leave because this has got to a point where its really taking the piss.

Reply to this Topic
noshow

Oct 10

noshow says:

Yes lets put less bikes on the grid and call it the honyam gp because Ducati are mid pack so might as well get rid of them too.

Reply to this Topic
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

Yes, they would be missed Wosi..

The field is small enough without the loss of another team/manufacturer!! They have slowly got their shit together this season and it would be great to see them carry that forward into next year with a 1000cc effort!

Hopper... Over rated? He would be instantly quicker than any newbie coming up to MotoGP so for a team like Suzuki the experience that Hopper could bring them would be priceless!

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Suzuki would be missed

but only nostalgically. From my point of view I think Suzuki should just &^% $&& if they can't/won't compete. We're all a bit skint so I'm not buying that theory. What annoys me is that " Suzuki " have the makings of a good thing in Paul Dennings garage but he seems to have a dodgy factory behind him. A unique situation I think, you normally have dodgy team managers/riders/bikes but the factory is the factory.

If Suzuki had any real interest in MotoGP after 2011 I'd have expected to see some sort of test on next years bike at some point in the last 10 months but I don't think I have instead I see that they plan to run this years bike in an even more hostile environment. They either hope to win the title with as little input as is palatable or they've already withdrawn.

I hope that if they do give up that only the Suzuki branding is removed from Paul Denning's team and it gets replaced swiftly with a manufacturer that wants to compete and win with him.

Reply to this Topic
WIDEGRIP

May 06

WIDEGRIP says:

Suzuki

I reckon it makes more sense for Denning to talk to other manufactures, no one else would pick up the Suzuki gaunlet at this stage so it would force their hand and stop messing him and the team about !!

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Never owned a Suzuki Wosi

but don't have anything against them per se. They've made some fantastic motorcycles over the years. Least no the GT's and GS's. Had a big poster of the GS750 on my wall as a young fella. A dead sexy race winning bike in 1976/77. Those little GT twins were lovely looking bikes too. Good pedigree!

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Ridden a few kettles as a youngster scary stuff in the handling department especially when you leave the stand down.. Bautista has to think of himself first and foremost, Has a factory honda offer in a satellite team no brainer if he trusts his own ability.. Will go nowhere on an 800 suzuki first half of next year if the rumours are to be believed..

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices