Skip to content

Ask an Expert compo prices?? Insurance

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Insurance > compo prices??

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

mattblackchopper

Oct 11

compo prices??

hi guys, after eventually getting my bike on the road i got knocked off about 2 months months ago, a "lady driver" flew out of a side street straight into my left hand side, bending my bike, snapping my leg and shooting me about 20 foot across the road....

injuries;
compound fracture of tibia and fibula with 2inches of tibia bone lost :(

had 3 lots of surgery so far including;
external fxator to hold the bones where they should go while they sort the flesh out.
had 2 lots of skin and muscle grafts including 30 staples and 40 stitches.

3 more lots of surgery to go;
adjustable fixator (will break my leg higher up and try move the bone down internally 2 inches).
when the bone is the right length i'll be having a bone graft - taking shavings form my pelvis and grafting to the original break to add strength.
then final surgery will be removal on all 30 pins off the fixator (after its been on for 6 months).

its a straight cut case pretty much as the woman has addmitted full liabilty :)

got a cheaque coming for my bike next week hopefully :)

just wanna know how much i'm likely to get for all my injuries, gonna be next may/june before i'm back up on my feet :(

ANYONE GOT ANY IDEAS OF HOW THEY PRICE UP CLAIMS??

Drew xXx

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (11 October 2011 19:47)

Post a message in Insurance

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CBRJGWRR

Aug 11

CBRJGWRR says:

ACIC

post again in the legal forums, they have a lawyer on here called ACIC.

He will be able to give a better answer than the rest of us.

Judging by injuries, lots of pennies.

Hope it works out okay.

Reply to this Topic
jenros

Jun 10

jenros says:

compo

hi mate,hope your feeling better? contact andrew campbell of bikelawyer- google him and bike lawyer!. hes ya man,i can vouch for that mate. he is the leading bike lawyer:winkie::winkie::winkie:

Reply to this Topic
ACIC

Apr 06

ACIC says:

Compensation claim

Dear Drew

The amount of money you will receive for your injuries will depend on your prognosis, which will be determined by having you examined by an independent (to the treating surgeon) orthopaedic surgeon who will then write a report on your injuries and prognosis. I suspect if you obtained a medical report at this stage it will be a preliminary one and you will need to be examined again, say 12 months down the line and possibly again, depending on the degree of recovery. My experience of these injuries is that recovery may not ever be complete and to get to the stage of having a reasonably certain prognosis can take years. My gut feeling is that the bottom line (if you make a good recovery) would be about £20,000 for the injuries but to properly value the claim I would need to see medical evidence. If the prognosis is poor then this would go up considerably. Awards for injuries are actually quite low in this country. The real money in more serious claims often relates to financial losses such as past and future loss of earnings, care and private surgery. If amputation is a risk due, for example to non-union of the bone, then the award will be yet higher and costs of prosthetics, often running into hundreds of thousands of pounds, can be claimed. There is obviously a lot more to valuing a claim but I hope this gives you a rough guide.

Kind regards, Andrew Campbell, Solicitor, MCN Legal Expert and MCN Law Columnist. www.bikelawyer.co.uk

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices