Skip to content

Ask an Expert Need Advice on Insurance Dispute Insurance

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Insurance > Need Advice on Insurance Dispute

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Diablo022

Oct 11

Diablo022 says:

Need Advice on Insurance Dispute

I have my motorcycle insurance through Dairyland and in May I was in a wreck. After I got out of the hospital I called to make a claim on the bike only to find out that they had not switched my VIN numbers over properly from my previous bike that was stolen to my new bike that I had just purchased a month earlier. The process took about a month, but after I submitted written documentation stating when I bought my new bike, they backdated my insurance to the purchase of my newer bike.

Once the dates were updated I called again to make a claim only to find out that I didn't have collision insurance. I recall specifically asking for full coverage and I was paying for full coverage on my previous bike that was stolen. they specifically knew I had a lien holder on my bike as it was noted on the new paperwork I received after making the updates between the old bike and the new bike. So I have been attempting to dispute the claim over the past 2 months. Most recently I had submitted a dated timeline of each of my phone calls to them since the purchase of my new bike and now I can no longer get a hold of the claims dispute agent I was working with and she is not returning my calls.

What kind of advice or action does anyone out there have for me at this current situation.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (12 October 2011 20:05)

Post a message in Insurance

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle