Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi: ‘Maybe if it snows I can win’ MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi: ‘Maybe if it snows I can win’

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi: ‘Maybe if it snows I can win’

Valentino Rossi might be close to losing his proud record of winning at least one race in every season of his illustrious Grand Prix career in 2011, but he proved today he’s not lost his sense of humour too. Rossi joked in Phillip Island this afternoon that he would need snow to win a race in 2011 after a torrid debut...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (13 October 2011 09:24)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
paulthew

Aug 11

paulthew says:

Rossi a has been? Lol!

Rossi a has been?

Please, spare me the nonsense. Methinks it's more about Rossi 'haters' than reality. And, btw, for those who 'hate' Stoner, Rossi, Yamaha, Honda, etc., go back to your caves. I've been following the premier class for 30 years. Seen this all before - some 'hated' Roberts because they were Sheene supporters, same with Spencer, Rainey, etc, etc. Morons.

Anyway, back to the topic; Rossi is obviously a fabulous rider, but not suited to the current Ducati, any more than Melandri and Hayden.

Nor, for that matter, was Stoner, except for his exceptional skill of overcoming the bike's particular problem. Many seem to be missing this, thinking a bike is a bike. Not so. A specific problem may be overcome by a specific rider. Casey is obviously a wonderful talent, and so is number 46.

Where would be be in on a Yamaha or Honda? Third, I reckon. Possibly second, but I don't think anyone can beat Casey on the Honda. Not this year, anyway.

Reply to this Topic
paulthew

Aug 11

paulthew says:

Where would Rossi be be in on a Yamaha or Honda? Third, I reckon. Possibly second, but I don't think anyone can beat Casey on the Honda. Not this year, anyway. Then again...

Reply to this Topic
princeofrepsol

Mar 11

CameronLeeds

Hugelean is the original and only James May's Toy Stories fanboy lol. BTW rossi back in 13th after the afternoon session lol lmao rofl roflmao hahaha.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Leemuz...

"......Well, i don't know One Ex rider that has such a lack of superlatives to say about Rossi..!!...Cause only an ex Racer would.....Could apreciate his achievements....Like him or not...if your an Ex racer with some success...you would be on here saying hang on...been there bought the T-shirt....VR 's Record is impecable...."

Unless, of course, you're like Agostini & have an objective point of view... in which case you view the world slightly more realistically. Most successful racers are actually pretty self-absorbed like Rossi & Stoner with little consideration for the efforts of others. Look no further than Rossi's foolish jibes at Stoner's performance on the Ducati & how stupid they're making him look now for proof.

Agostini quotes...

"Casey Stoner has surprised everyone because he is so precise. I remember when he crashed many times but now he is so determined and he is incredible. Casey is a fantastic rider."

"We can’t forget Valentino Rossi. He is a multi world champion and we must remember that. When Valentino Rossi has the package he can still win no problem."

"But Vale is struggling on a bike that has won in the past. Maybe things will be better with the 1000. He is a sensitive rider, and he needs to have the optimal feeling with the bike to win. Stoner, however, is a more aggressive and raw rider, without any half-measures. At Ducati, he was either fast or he crashed."

Sorry... I'm missing the superlatives in Rossi's favour... at least he thinks Rossi can still win.

Shall we move on to Doohan?... he's not so sure...

Does Doohan believe we will see Rossi back to his best, fighting at the front of the field? “It’s hard to say,” he acknowledges, “He’s been around for a long while and I think that’s the key with any sportsman or sportswoman – how long can you remain completely immersed in the sport and forget about any outside influences? Rossi’s been around with the 125’s, 250’s, MotoGP; he’s got a lot of titles and a lot of seasons under his belt.”

“Casey seemed to be, over the last few years, the only guy who could consistently pull results on that Ducati; it was night and day between him and his team mate and I think that confirms his dominance,” said Doohan. “Even though he hasn’t won the Championship in the last few years, it’s been obvious just how strong a rider, he is.”

:huh:

I don't read much into what they say but you evidently do... erm... did.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
BBQdog

Jul 10

BBQdog says:

Reverse engineering

With some luck Ducati has the Stoner-2010 bike stored somewhere .....

Reply to this Topic
jnh-hrc07

Jul 07

jnh-hrc07 says:

RawDawg

The only thing that has turned to shit is the comments section with it's trolling, insults and armchair experts. Ignore it and MCN is still an OK site. Wait... I'm viewing the comments again, dammit!

Reply to this Topic
Biker4751

Aug 02

Biker4751 says:

Winning Bike

It sounds as though several would have a real chance of winning this one if their manufacturers had a good Motard to put on the bumpy track.  Pity Aprilia isn't in MotoGP this year.

Reply to this Topic
Rsix

Sep 07

Rsix says:

Maybe if it snows I can win.....

No Rossi. Not even if it snows. You need more than an act of goat.....er sorry. God.

Reply to this Topic
LaughingGas

Oct 08

LaughingGas says:

Ducati needs to stat sacking its engineers. talk about slow. Do they even watch the results of what they engineered!!!! This is a pr nightmare.

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

I think its time for the Greatest Of All Time to leave Ducati. He could lease a Honda with his cash.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle