Skip to content

General Nod back you ignorant cont Pub Talk - over 18s only

You are in... Forums > General > Pub Talk - over 18s only > Nod back you ignorant cont

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

SpartanMart

Apr 10

SpartanMart says:

Nod back you ignorant cont

Why do mcn keep changing cunt in the title?

Who is it that feels to GREAT to nod back at other bikers?

Now some hard core chopper (grandad tractor) riders wont but I find mainly its sportsbike riders,not all but some/most.

But wait, it only happens when I'm on the Bandit, not when I'm on the BMW. Hmmmm do sportsbike only riders see the rest of us as lesser riders? Is there a rule where you only nod at other sportsbikes?

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (13 October 2011 21:43)

Post a message in Pub Talk - over 18s only

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
750FLYER

Nov 04

750FLYER says:

I ride in London so...

I sway between occasional nodding and generally couldn't give a fuck!

Is it that important to you?? Have you no friends??  :wink:

Reply to this Topic
SpartanMart

Apr 10

SpartanMart says:

750 man

Nah, I just think it's rude.

Like when you hold a door for someone and they don't say thanks.

Reply to this Topic
750FLYER

Nov 04

750FLYER says:

L do know what ya

mean mate..

I'm originally a coutry boy and alwways nod when out in the country in the open...

But in London it's all couriers or scooter chavs.. I'll nod sometimes but round here you'd get a sore neck to do all of 'em!!  :lol::lol:

Reply to this Topic
stevedeejay

Aug 09

stevedeejay says:

I do

tend to nod & still feels good to get one back :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
gungerdin8

Feb 11

gungerdin8 says:

just maybe

they got the hammer down n they need the eye on the black top???????????? just a thort mr sparton ]gungga:ph43r:

Reply to this Topic
fuzzrr

Sep 06

fuzzrr says:

Just a thought........ Wouldn't it be safer to concentrate more on where you are going, rather than making a point of looking whether another rider nods at you or not? :blink:

I do nod at other riders, and its not bike specific. But only if its the right time and the right place. If the other rider gets the hump because I didnt nod back due to what I was doing at the time, or, the possibility I had just been on the motorway for the last 3 hours and I couldnt be arsed to nod for the 100th time, then, unlucky, its not intended to piss people off, but, is it something to be going getting upset about?

Like I said, I do make an effort when the time is right...... But like in life. I dont expect every single person I walk past to smile or say hello, and I dont expect people in the same make or model of car to flash lights or honk horns.....

We ride bikes.... We are human... Just put it down to the simple fact that sometimes, people cant be arsed. :wink:

Reply to this Topic
evlcatnw

Nov 05

evlcatnw says:

nods and waves

Have to admit to be exceedingly grateful whilst parked up on the m6 waiting for the breakdown truck for all of the nods, waves and salutes i got from fellow bikers and the odd horn of car drivers...

Made me giggle but just wish folks would have brought me a coffee...have to admit its a bit scary when it all goes pete tong at speed and i'd have appreciated a bit of tlc lol

Reply to this Topic
SpartanMart

Apr 10

SpartanMart says:

To nod or not

Fuzzy makes a good point, I dont nod myself when the road demands my full attention and I wouldn't expect anyone else to. But I have been snubbed when on arrow straight roads.

750 man also makes a good point, should you nod at scooters or chav scum on 125 dirt bikes?

Reply to this Topic
SortedGeeza

Oct 11

SortedGeeza says:

Nod back you ignorant cont

I have always nodded & nod back to other riders (not L platers or hairdryer posses thou) and have done since 1998, i think its polite and part of the scene, i have noticed a trend among the newer boy racer types that they dont bother, and tbh you never see those type of riders out in all weather anyway, i have plenty of friends socially and i too think its damn rude not nodding back unless your about to come off !:ph43r:

Reply to this Topic
Lil125Guy

Oct 11

Lil125Guy says:

What about newbies?

I have a perfectly normal 125 commuter bike, I don't choose to have the L plates on, I just can't afford the test at the moment. I'll always throw out a nod, it's polite and if I ever get one back it makes me feel good, like I am part of a community. I know you get the irritating 50cc peds and dirt bikes ridden purely because they're cheap in t shirts and sandals but I chose a bike over a car, I have a car license (I am on a biker forum for heavens sake :laugh:, first post!! :tongue:). I go by ATGATT and take my riding seriously, having been out with an IAM instructor. So I don't think you can judge all L platers as one type of person, you all had them at one stage :winkie: so why not give out an accepting image of the biking community and show that the inexperienced do have place in it. 

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices