Skip to content

Discuss This Australia MotoGP: Marc Marquez penalised after horror crash MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Australia MotoGP: Marc Marquez penalised after horror crash

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Australia MotoGP: Marc Marquez penalised after horror crash

Marc Marquez will have to start from the back of the grid for Sunday’s Australian Moto2 race after he caused a horrific high speed collision with Thai rider Ratthapark Wilairot at Phillip Island earlier today. One minute will be added to the Spaniard’s qualifying time after he ploughed into the back of Wilairot at the high speed Turn 3 after the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (14 October 2011 10:35)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
stormr

Aug 02

stormr says:

lack of consistency

Hmmm, lack of consistency is an understatement.

Anyone else see a pattern here........

Marquez collides with Wilairot - Marquez penalised

Simoncelli and Pedrosa collide - Simoncelli penalised

Rossi cuts chicane, rejoins track illegally and almost takes out Stoner in the process - no penalty

Rossi takes out Stoner - no penalty

Rossi takes out Spies, and almost takes out Lorenzo - no penalty

Paul Butler needs to be sacked immediately!!!

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Wheelbreaker calls .....

1. Perenial - Kevin Magee was doing the burnout.... Shobert unsighted plowed into him. Still horrible to this day watching GP legend and close friend of Shobert Eddie Lawson throwing his YZR on the ground and running to Shobert's aid. ***** 2. The Lemans RDP Stoner incident is bullshit. Stoner had ages to see RDP's trajectory and had 100's of metres to stay a bit to the left and slip right into the braking zone.... you lot need to go to Lemans and check the rise and line out of that corner. Stoner could see RDP on the exit and aimed right for him! ***** Stoner is a changed man since then...... if it was Biaggi it would have been a definite baulk but RDP was a little in the way when he accelerated. No comparison to this incident. Marquez unsighted by the first bike but should have steered out of trouble rather than braking for Wilairot, and taken the risk of going off track. I have a huge amount of respect for Stoner but his kicking and shouting antics have had virtually no foundation. ***** Apologies to Nostro from the "Rossi winning in Snow" thread, I forgot Stoner was not your man this year. Just to stay straight I did back up Rossi on my post but he isn't my man either. I bear no allegiance to any rider really as I "know" how good they all are..... amazing speed and skill doesn't even begin to describe the majority of riders in GP's. What you see in BSB and WSB is great entertainment as well as incredibly brave but getting the most out of "real" racing machines is something I accept but will never understand, and neither will most of you.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
stormr

Aug 02

stormr says:

lack of consistency

Oops, forgot to add

Rossi takes out de Puniet - no penalty

Paul Butler, you're fired.......

Reply to this Topic
dev_d7

Feb 08

dev_d7 says:

@williewheelbreaker

What the hell are you on about man? Marquez made a dumb move, and was penalised. Pretty simple and straight forward. Every incident is different and is treated as such by the powers that be (I'm not saying they are always right though).

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle