Skip to content

Discuss This Checa weighing up big money BMW deal World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Checa weighing up big money BMW deal

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Checa weighing up big money BMW deal

Carlos Checa has until the tomorrow to accept a lucrative offer from the BMW Motorrad Italia team to ride the S1000RR in 2012. MCN understands that the 2011 world champion has been offered in the region of £700,000 to ride for the Italian squad which would see him placed alongside Ayrton Badovini and potentially give BMW a stunning rider line-up of Badovini,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (14 October 2011 18:33)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Let me think.

If Checa goes to BMW next year then Nori might switch to Althea in an attempt to get the title he has been craving for.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

why?

ducati is the better team for sure, bmw have a good bike yes, but as many have said the duke is the better package, next years model even faster. stay where you are carlos, bmw have yet to prove its a contender at the front on a regular basis as yet.

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

Aprillia will bend all the rules for Max! The rest have no chance in hell. hopefully Nori can bag a factory Kawasaki ride.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

At his age and stage of career

I wouldn't begrudge Carlos taking the money. I doubt he'd get the results on a four though - check Checa"s history here. Him and a twin just seem to click like few others ever had.

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Decision Indecision

Carlos is being tempted no doubt. The decision for him is the money vs the success on track. He's not on Forbes' list of wealthiest sportsmen and is not ever going to be even if he accepts BMW's offer. Stay on the twin is the sensible choice. Forgive me for raising the chicken's neck. However, a perfect case in point is Rossi's switch to Ducati for 2011. If hindsight is 20/20 vision, I'm sure Rossi would have stayed with Yamaha and enjoyed podiums much more than the Euro's. Turn BMW down and fly the Ducati Corse banner for Carlos makes the most sense,and sensible racer he is.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Take the money..

Unless a comparative offer were to come in from Ducati, I think he'd need his head read for not taking such a lucrative offer. He's won his championship and proved beyond doubt that he's a world class rider, and that will be historically irrefutable. The reality is though, he's got maybe 2 or 3 years left at best in this class and if he were to sign with BMW for 2 years, he'd probably be a few hundred thousand grand better off over the duration of his contract. He's got nothing left to prove - take the money Carlos..

Reply to this Topic
vonich

Dec 10

vonich says:

hmm...

I don't know how much chace is getting paid by Althea Ducati. But if its less than or half  what the BMW is offering him now. I think he should really take it. But then money is not everything and why would you want to go ti the satelite team when their factory team bike can even much his speed/pace on his satelite Ducati bike? Anyway is his decision so whatever he dicide with is only for his good and not for somebody else sake.

Reply to this Topic
alol

May 06

alol says:

checa to bmw?

Go on Carlos please please please sign that contract. Once you're back on a bike with NO UNFAIR TECHNICAL ADVANTAGE you will be back to what you really are................an also ran

Reply to this Topic
dev_d7

Feb 08

dev_d7 says:

Money or not

If BMW is still - 3 seasons in - struggling the way they are, then I think Checa should stick with Ducati. Haslam has struggled all season long, and with Rea threatening on the Honda, I don't think Checa should gamble with a new ride. Just my opinion.

Reply to this Topic
dev_d7

Feb 08

dev_d7 says:

@alol

you're a doos.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN