Skip to content

Discuss This Australia MotoGP: Casey Stoner storms to home pole position MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Australia MotoGP: Casey Stoner storms to home pole position

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Australia MotoGP: Casey Stoner storms to home pole position

Casey Stoner will start his home race tomorrow as a red-hot favourite to claim a fifth successive victory at the spectacular Phillip Island circuit after he stormed to pole position earlier today. The Australian set a best time of 1.29.975 to clinch his fifth successive pole in 2011 and his 11th of a brilliant world championship campaign. The Repsol Honda rider was...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (15 October 2011 10:35)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Watching some of them drifting the bikes through that left hander from the rearward camera shot - just utterly outstanding riding.

Stoner seemd to put in the longest and most lurid 2-wheel drifts. Don't know if that's the quickest way around that corner but it looked impressive. Good rides from Capirossi, RDP and Hayden - and what about Bautista - bet that pissed Dovi off... Spies did well after a nasty looking fall.

Lorenzo was on it too, at one point it seemed he may be on for pole. Then Stoner fitted the soft rear and bang - 8/10ths under must have been pretty demoralising but he never gives up. Be a lot closer in the race I think.

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

P.I

Been looking forward to this round for some time, and the first 10 minutes of qualifying showed why. Stoner is just unreal around this track, and it's nothing to do with a home track advantage. He just has the will to do well. Hayden impressed me a lot and some of the slides he was making were pretty awesome. Stoner over lukey heights and through turn 3 are the best places to see the movement of the bike, and just goes to show he really does use less traction control than anyone else.

Capirossi and Aoyama have been pretty impressive this weekend. Aoyama really looks like he's going for it, you can tell with the body language on the bike.

Stoner won't wrap up the title tommorow, at least i think not. Can't see Lorenzo finishing off the podium.

Rossi Rossi Rossi ... do people still believe it's fully the bike which is the problem ? let's try and be serious for a minute. Can some tell me why he is the last Ducati, only beating a rookie and Cudlin who won't even compete in the race due to injury. Hayden has gone 8/10's quicker here than he did last year and is 1.5 seconds ahead of Vale. We have a 40 year old who is about to retire and Depuniet who had been hampered with injuries all year outclassing him on satellite bikes. It's a joke. I remember in 05/06 wanting to see Rossi go to Kawasaki and see what he could do there. and yes i thought he probably could win on it(i was young and dumb obviously) and it just goes to show, Rossi needs the perfect bike, a bike with a clear handling advantage. Rossi has 7 titles, but the majority of those titles are against riders either retired or racing in WSB.. think about it.

At this rate, he'll be finishing 8th in the championship (if Simo doesn't crash and Ducati allow Hayden to finish in front of him) and with a record low amount of points for Ducati's number one rider in a long time.:laugh:

One thing that would be hilarious now, is if Stoner came out and said 'it's tough to judge how good the Ducati is, as Rossi doesn't appear to be trying that hard' but he's not like that.. good on him.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

so in short, why is Rossi the worst Ducati apart from a rookie and a wildcard who won't be competing due to injury ? someone please explain, and don't use the pinky unless your extremely desperate.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

hmmmm

great riding by bautista, n hayden showing promise, hope jorge does take it to casey tomorow,he needs to now.good ride all round tho,shame about cal.

Reply to this Topic
stoner27

Jul 08

stoner27 says:

come on vale

awesome performance yet again,shame about rossi being back in unlucky 13th im sure i heard this track was going to be in his favour? something gone wrong yet again maybe the finger is playing apart this time dam that little finger...if only in 08 lorenzo hadnt broken both ankles and in 09 stoner hadnt had his lactose problem and missed races gifting rossi his extra titles which did he really deserve? on the grounds of other riders problems?anyway who cares about all that come on vale give us a race im sure jerry will sort the problems out in morning warm up and find that extra 2 SECONDS thats missing..

Reply to this Topic
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

Hugelean..

A great post there mate, in response to Aquarius`s long drawn out conspiracy theory about how everybody decided to get together and dis-respect Stoner.:wacko:

A good illustration as to how an intelligent person, like Aquarius, who`s opinions I usually respect, can at times be so wacky!
Looking forward to the race and maybe I`m luckier than most on here because I don`t give a hoot who wins! I just want to see a good race. 

Oh and Ducatis somewhere near the front.......well, not too far back anyway! Would anyone care to bet against Rossi finishing in front of Nicky? 
Actually, I would rather like Nicky to have a good finish, I like the guy. He gets on with it with a good heart.
Casey might stitch it up tomorrow, but its not important, he`ll do it next time if needs be. He deserves it I think.

Reply to this Topic
CameronLeeds

Sep 10

CameronLeeds says:

13th?

13th?  Lets see the 46ers try and put a positive spin on this one.

Rossi on a Ducati - the biggest disappointment in motorsport history.

What a pantomime:

Valentino, where's your career?

It's behind you.

Reply to this Topic
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

Stoner

Watching Lorenzo sticking in 3 x red sections yet unable to beat Pedrosa in the final section before Stoner came out and stuck in a lap 0.8 faster than anyone else... what is there to say. Everyone else pack up and go home now. The question isnt if he will win, but by how much.

Rossi, poor poor show.

Elbowz - someone needs to explain how to go round a corner to him, funny to watch but hell it was a dangerous one hitting the tarmac at that speed because he fell off the inside of the bike.

Tomorrow will be good for Moto2 and strung out for MotoGP. Shame because stoner needs to find an equal to him at PI and someone to challenge for the races...

Reply to this Topic
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

CameronLeeds

Well, you seem very happy about it. 

Nice 1.

Racing fan are you? There`s quite a few riders on the way to the end of their careers, I suppose that fills you with a warm sense of smug satisfaction eh?

Some riders will have more to look back on than others, but all will have more to look back on than you. 

The biggest dissapoinment in motor racing history?
Yes I agree. It is. 
I`m very saddened by it but, I don`t let it spoil my enjoyment of the sport. In fact watching Rossi race through the pack adds to the fun.

Does anyone here think Rossi will finish the race in 13th or lower? Just asking.

Come on, barring crashes or breakdowns, who on here tonight would put money on Rossi finishing down there? 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

cheekymonkey

Despite my avatar i want to see a good race too and would love to see JL throw everything at Stoner in a bid to retain his title.

As for 'hugeleans' post, '' Casey is praised for his on track performance by all and sundry, no question''.......................Not remotely true due to the constant flow of 'the best bike in 2007' and now 'the best bike this season' quotes that surface on these and many other boards daily. Maybe he should edit to 'anyone apart from Rossi fans can see.......' blah blah etc etc? Just an observation.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle