Skip to content

Ask an Expert Dutch and Catalunya GP 2012, advice needed pls Touring & travel

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Touring & travel > Dutch and Catalunya GP 2012, advice needed pls

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

morpheus20170

Aug 07

Dutch and Catalunya GP 2012, advice needed pls

I have been to the Assen Moto GP for the last few years but have been thinking about going by plane and train but not sure how to get to the circuit from the station.

Can someone please advise me on this?

I am also thinking of going to Barcelona and while there going to the Catalunya GP but also not sure how to get to the circuit or where to stay. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers, Paul

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (15 October 2011 12:16)

Post a message in Touring & travel

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
emperortang

Jul 10

emperortang says:

catalunya moto gp12

hi paul,if you type in a search for trains from barcelona to montmelo you will get a tourism page with train times how to get to circuit (about 30 mins walk from montmelo station)and a load of other info aswell. hope this helps mate and your keeping well.

Reply to this Topic
emperortang

Jul 10

emperortang says:

catalunya gp 2012

hi paul here is the link we used
http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/events/f1/barcelona-grand-prix.html

Reply to this Topic
morpheus20170

Aug 07

Catalunya GP

Cheers mate. All good but want to get out on the bike more and looking forward to 2012 Moto GP. Are you going to any next year?

Reply to this Topic
emperortang

Jul 10

emperortang says:

Catalunya gp

hi paul waiting for dates for season then plan on doing at least 3 rounds depending on dates.

Reply to this Topic
littleredrooster

Aug 02

Catalunya

Be careful about getting the train to Montmelo for the Catalunya MotoGP. We did exactly that, leaving the bikes at the hotel further along the coast at Callela.

Trouble is, although many thousand people travel into the circuit on many trains spread over several hours, the same many thousand people all want to get on the first train out! Also, the train service effectively stops at summat like 4pm on Sunday (despite what the timetable says!) so many racegoers were left stranded in Barcelona. We were dead lucky in spotting (commandeering!) a taxi just before we got to the enormous queues at the railway station and negotiated a deal to get us back to the hotel. Many others weren't so lucky. All the taxis at the circuit, BTW, were pre-booked.

I deffo wouldn't do it again!

Reply to this Topic
morpheus20170

Aug 07

Catalunya Moto GP

Thanks LRR. I have found that there are buses that run from Barcelona and staying at a hotel in Barcelona, hopefully someone can advise us when we get there and next year I am planning on using the bike less for my Moto GP events. Already booked Silverstone, Assen and Catalunya, oh and IOM TT but only the last 4 days :0( Still thinking about doing Le Mans too though.

Reply to this Topic
happylemon666

Mar 10

bike less

"using the bike less for my Moto GP events" - isn't that part of the fun?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle