Skip to content

Ask an Expert Yes!! Did it for the first time since dropping the bike. Riding Skills

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Riding Skills > Yes!! Did it for the first time since dropping the bike.

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

wilful

Apr 11

wilful says:

Yes!! Did it for the first time since dropping the bike.

Big sigh of relief. Had to fill the bike up today, the first time since dropping the bike in the petrol station a few weeks ago. It couldn't have been worse conditions either today, the floor was covered in diesel, there was nowhere that was clear of it. That made me even more nervous.

Well, I am pleased to say, all went well. I now have a full tank and can put off going again for a while :smile

Hope everyone has managed to get out for a spin today, the weather has been beautiful.

Happy riding all :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (15 October 2011 17:53)

Post a message in Riding Skills

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
muncemeister

Oct 11

muncemeister says:

Going for a spin at the garage

What happened? Did you make a good job of it and slide into the cut flowers and charcoal bags engulfed in a ball of orange flame?:wink:

Reply to this Topic
aehewitt

Jan 11

aehewitt says:

wilful

you must try and relax,dont think so much......Out on bike tomorrow oh yeahhhhh:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
wilful

Apr 11

wilful says:

Lol & think it is a woman thing!

Lol Muncemeister, very good :smile

I am still getting used to this bike and going from a 125 to this just takes a bit of adjusting to - I obviously hadn't adjusted my braking and did the stupid thing of using front brake when almost stopped and wheel was slightly off centre line so bike started toppling over and I am just not strong enough to hold it. I now make sure don't touch front break and keep wheel dead straight when coming to final stop. (Fingers crossed I keep getting it right!!)

Aehewitt, I think the thinking thing is a woman thing, I have a friend who is exactly the same - we like to analyse things too much!! I will take the advice and not think (worry) so much!

Enjoy your ride out, another good day for it :biggrin::biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
aehewitt

Jan 11

aehewitt says:

wilful

you will be just fine,i used to be the same.If i got nervous my riding was affected.Don't over analyze it.Were setting off in 20mins i hope its not too cold..:smile:smile

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices