Skip to content

Discuss This Australia MotoGP: Casey Stoner dominates to take championship MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Australia MotoGP: Casey Stoner dominates to take championship

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Tom Cambio  says:

Australia MotoGP: Casey Stoner dominates to take championship

Casey Stoner was on dominant form to win his home race at Phillip Island with a 2.2 second lead and secure the 2011 MotoGP world championship. The Repsol Honda rider made a strong start and led throughout an intermittently wet race to take the championship win with a 65 point lead over Jorge Lorenzo. The Spanish Yamaha Factory Racing rider was...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (16 October 2011 07:24)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ancientone80

Aug 09

ancientone80 says:

JB & Rossi

Before the race today Jerry Burgess was interviewed on Australian TV by Darryl Beattie, he said that among the problems they are having is that they are not getting the feedback they need from the rider ... and that hopefully soon the penny will drop with him. The channel 10 presenters commented that this was the first time that JB (usually very careful with what he says to the media) has openly said anything critical of Rossi.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Bob???

Hayden ruining his own race for Flo, only to have him waste Hayden's gift? What a putz, heading for 7th in the championship... his fans must be so proud? And remember, this is the umpteenth 'improved' version of the bike Stoner developed into a winner by the end of 2010.

You're surely taking the piss here right???

Hayden ruining his race for Rossi? He was going backwards right from the first few laps.

Stoner developed it into a winner at the end of 2010? Come on... The best way I can think to describe it is by saying that some bikes are 'compliant' by which I mean they can be ridden fast consistently from track to track under a wide range of set up options. Some bikes are not so compliant, are still capable of being ridden fast but requiring much more input from the rider and caution to the wind. The Ducati seems to be the latter, can be ridden fast but not easily or consistently. At the end of 2010 they found some changes which meant it could be ridden as fast as anything else but still not consistently.

There is no way you can say it was developed into a consistent winner (I'm not blaming Stoner) It was proven that the speed was in the bike and in my view, that should have given them the base from which to improve things for 2011. I still believe that had all the development effort gone into the GP11 instead of the various hybrids, they may have got somewhere.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Buel

Did I hear Parrish saying he new nothing about Rossi playing mind games....strange that!
Bultoboy incase you read this did you hear Spalding and Ryder talking during QP yesterday...very interesting indeed!
My guess is things will be different next season!

I didn't see the Eurosport coverage. However, I have learned to switch off for the most part to the 'I know it all' ramblings of 'the three'. In Rossi's winning times (I'm notpicking on him, jst the only example I can immediately think of on the spur) they used to repeatedly advocate how he could handle anything, ride around any machine problem and manage worn tyres better than anyone else. You know, the usual hype from the time. Yesterday, they were heard to say how Rossi is a bit like Agostini and needs a bike to be just right for him to get the best out of due to his smoother riding style. He can't cope with riding 'loose' like Stoner can.

1) this is complete contradiction to what they've said before and 2) all they've done is repeat what Agostini himself said in a recent interview and probably made out that it is their considered opinion.

To be honest, they just get on wick these days when they start to venture outside of race commentry and begin telling you 'this is what XXX always does' or 'this is the way XXX's mind works'.

As for Parish, I'm sure I heard someone on today's commentry say what a friendlier place the paddock is these days with riders showing mutual respect for each other - now that a certain rider is out of the limelight and not stirring things up....

Anyway - what were the Eurosport team saying....

Reply to this Topic
vmax4steve

Mar 08

vmax4steve says:

CONGRATULATIONS

Casey Stoner. Saw it coming the moment he threw a leg over that Honda first test at Valencia after winning the previous day on the Ducati and came back into the pits with a huge smile on his face.

Was interested to read what Claudio Domenicali said in MCN this week about the new 999 and its aluminium airbox front end suffering no handling problems using pirelli rubber compared to the GP11.1 using Bridgesones.

" So even though the two bikes have very similar chassis configurations, they have very different dimensions, because one is made for a four cylinder the other for a twin. They are both monocoques, but in terms of geometric dimensions are completely different.

We Have some explanation for that, which we cannot prove until we have the final version- but it may be to do with the tyres. The Pirelli tyres which we use in both production and on the superbike have a very soft carcass compared to the Bridgestones in GP which have a very hard carcass and compound. It's not that the Bridgestones are no good, they are perfectly O.K. to cope with this type of motorcycle in Motogp. So in Motogp we need to adapt the structure to the tyre in a way, while in the world of production bike and superbike we don't have this problem."   C D

So there we have it, manufacturers have to construct their bikes specifically for the control tyres, and once Ducati and Suzuki and the CRT teams have done that we might get some closer racing.

Reply to this Topic
sack1

Aug 02

sack1 says:

+1 Congrats!

Stoner is HOT and so is Honda. Simoncelli is becoming someone to watch also.

Reply to this Topic
Mort77

Mar 09

Mort77 says:

Congratulations to Casey

He's deserved the Title this year and to win at home on his birthday must make it even sweeter. Though it was a shame that Lorenzo and Spies were absent from the race. Bultoboy - the Eurosport trio were not reporting what Ago said as their opinion. They were simply reporting, which is partly their job seeing as how two of them are journalists, what Ago said. They even went so far as to say that Ago had said it. Personally I would rather listen to the Eurosport coverage which is enlightening and entertaining instead of the drivel that spews forth from the mouths of Cox and Parish. Though that's just my preference and each to their own.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

ok, understood, as I said, I didn't see it but someone else on here yesterday said it was interesting to hear their opinion on Rossi - so I assumed that's what it was stated as. If they were just reiterating what Agostini said then no, nothing wrong with that.

Both commentary teams are capable of drivel though - particulalry when they get iinto 'analysis or opinion' rather than just commentary....

Reply to this Topic
longshank

Oct 11

longshank says:

a new king

we have new king, casey stoner long live the king

ps rossi is a spent force

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

what a pity bultoboy

you did not hear correctly but anyway regarding commentry teams...yes they may talk drivel occasionally but absolutely nowhere anything like some of the utter drivel on this forum and that was mentioned yesterday by Mr Ryder as well.
Roll on 2012!

Reply to this Topic
HighRevz46

Sep 11

HighRevz46 says:

i love the way this isnt the top article...

...just love it :)

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices