Skip to content

Discuss This Australia MotoGP: Casey Stoner dominates to take championship MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Australia MotoGP: Casey Stoner dominates to take championship

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Tom Cambio  says:

Australia MotoGP: Casey Stoner dominates to take championship

Casey Stoner was on dominant form to win his home race at Phillip Island with a 2.2 second lead and secure the 2011 MotoGP world championship. The Repsol Honda rider made a strong start and led throughout an intermittently wet race to take the championship win with a 65 point lead over Jorge Lorenzo. The Spanish Yamaha Factory Racing rider was...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (16 October 2011 07:24)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Mort77

Mar 09

Mort77 says:

Bultoboy

Fair do's. Now as far as the whole Rossi/Stoner thing goes - Ago said that he had a ride on one of Mike Hailwood's bikes and said it was like an iron rod (or something like that). To use Toby Moody's analogy Hailwood would walk up to a bike, kick the tyres and go fast. Whereas Ago needed the bike to be set up just right. Once it was he could go as fast or faster than Hailwood. Neither style was better than the other, just different. What we have in Rossi and Stoner are perhaps this generations Ago and Hailwood. Both supreme talents but with very different approaches to racing. IMO if Ducati have the 1000cc bike sorted then Rossi will be a Championship contender. Whereas no matter what happens at Honda Stoner will be a contender. Again this is just my opinion but if I were a betting man I would put a few quid on Stoner retaining the Title next year and beyond.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

HighRevs

i love the way this isnt the top article...

Who cares apart from you

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
davevr46

Feb 11

davevr46 says:

no mater how much anyone one loves stoner, how can you find that win interesting.?

unless your some kind of fan boy freak...who sits at his tv and then after the race says to himself, "nice show casey,how entertaining you were to watch for 25laps,great battle with the stopwatch,i just loved how you jammed it down the inside of mr tissot, its really nice that casey has won,yey,ile now go on the internet and defend and lookinto every comment he says,mmmh i might set my wall paper as casey's face.yey.

go on then what was interesting about watching him win,any comments??????

Reply to this Topic
acanada46

Aug 11

acanada46 says:

longshank

you had a new king in 2007...didnt last long............

Reply to this Topic
stoner27

Jul 08

stoner27 says:

well well

my word the sour faced bitches are at play no surprise..well done casey another ass kicking season,,good effort by rossi still testing that frame on the tarmac good idea grid another few millimeters off it might work next week!!

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Mort

Yes, I'd agree with what you say about riding styles, both have their own and both excellent riders. Rather than one style better than the other, I'd say that Stoner's 'grab it by the neck' approach means he would be quicker to get the better results on a bike that isn't so rounded whereas the smoother style would need more time to get the bike set to their liking.

Next year's title defence will be very interesting in the first few races with the new bikes, but I wonder, with the Yamaha and the Honda which are already proven designs, how much different the bikes will be from this years. I'd imagine very similar in terms of dimensions and chassis but with more power? The Ducati is the big unknown but if they do get it right I'd expect Rossi to be poking around at the front as well. A challenge for the title though, not sure as Stoner and Lorenzo will take some beating.

Buel - I didn't hear anything incorrectly as I didn't see the program. Someone on here made the comment that Eurosport team had given their opinion and made the Ago/Hailwood analogy on Rossi/Stoner styles. Their comment didn't say they were quoting Ago.

It is their job to commentate and inform and give opinion, no question, but often, it isn't opinion, they are telling us as a fact what a rider does, thinks, why one bike can overtake another etc. Not so much Moody but Ryder and Spalding particularly. They often stray into 'know-all' mode. If it was just given as an opinion there is no problem, but the 'I have said therefore it is fact' attitude gets on the wick a little. One of the best is how Hayden races better and has an advantage at left hand tracks because of his dirt tracking experience. You may as well say Stoner has an advantage on the bumpier tracks because of his motocross background....

I actually prefer the Eurosport commentary over BBC anyday. Moody has a genuine interest in motorsport and competes on 4 wheels himself. Pretty quick at hill climbing.

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

What was it Geoff Boycott impersonators used to say?? that's it, 'don't pay too much attention to what your thinking' ....

Reply to this Topic
flatsixforever

Sep 11

rossi stoner

yawn yawn - As a Rossi fan I would simply like to say well done Casey, hard luck jorge and for fucks sake would somebody sort the ducati to Rossi's liking so that next year's championship will be more interesting for the legions of sportsbike fans who hand on heart must find the clinical supremacy of the honda/stoner package boring.  Rossi up front challenging can only be good for us fans.

Reply to this Topic
acanada46

Aug 11

acanada46 says:

rossi haters

Someone made a comment on how Jeremy Burgess said that there was no feedback being received from the rider.....well Channel 10 has a history of misinterpreting facts. I think what JB said was "we can't get sufficient feedback because of the testing restrictions which FIM has imposed on all teams in order to cut costs." He has expressed his displeasure several times over lack of testing times this season. I caught him boarding a flight to Rome in Sydney (yes, I am an aussie ! ) and he was critical of the new testing rules....he said-"see the Ducati doesn't have a chassis....the problem is more or less the same when we went to Yamaha.Not much was in order,and too many decisions coupled with a lack focus made the bike what it is today."

this is a post from an unbiased source,but im sure stoner lovers will find something to MOAN ABOUT..

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

''longshank

you had a new king in 2007...didnt last long............''

I think he was refering to the crown that Stoner still holds at Ducati ;)

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices