Skip to content

Discuss This Australia MotoGP: Casey Stoner dominates to take championship MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Australia MotoGP: Casey Stoner dominates to take championship

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Tom Cambio  says:

Australia MotoGP: Casey Stoner dominates to take championship

Casey Stoner was on dominant form to win his home race at Phillip Island with a 2.2 second lead and secure the 2011 MotoGP world championship. The Repsol Honda rider made a strong start and led throughout an intermittently wet race to take the championship win with a 65 point lead over Jorge Lorenzo. The Spanish Yamaha Factory Racing rider was...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (16 October 2011 07:24)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Davevr46

Bit sore are you about someone other than 46 winning the title?

Whether a race is interesting or not is hardly the fault of any of the riders unless none of them tried and chuffed around at 30mph for 40 minutes.

They're paid to win, not make a race look interesting and that's what he did, took off and won. That's how you win, whoever it is, get to the line first.

Put a suggestion into Dorna for next season that anyone in the lead of a race has to slow up so that the rider behind can overtake them and then they can try and repass them again. I'm sure all the team bosses will be in favour of it. Apparently Stoner has had a bollocking after the race for not doing just that, just for you.

Why bother watching it if you find it so dull.

Reply to this Topic
acanada46

Aug 11

acanada46 says:

PACEY CASEY

stoner lost his crown in 2008-9-10.he has regained it this year,before we acknowledge him as a great lets see if he can retain it in 2012.

Reply to this Topic
racingfan99

Oct 10

racingfan99 says:

Big congrats to Stoner, he’s been awesome on the Honda this year and way ahead of the rest. If he hadn’t been stuck on the Ducati the last few years he might have already won 5 world titles.

He is great to watch riding the Honda but I agree with davevr46 Stoner does nothing to contribute any kind of racing excitement at all, he wants to race the clock and nothing else. If he ever has been involved in pressure racing and close battles he does not like it and it often means he beats himself in those situations and then he moans.

It’s not Casey’s fault he’s so far ahead, it is for everyone else to up their game and get nearer, but Stoner he is always beatable when put under pressure.
It’s true the racing is poor this season in Motogp but after watching it for the last 30 odd years its not the attitude of true fans to just abandon the sport, its just a fact that its pretty dire at the moment. Only 10 finishers today and only 7 on the same lap says a lot….

Reply to this Topic
Adeninja

Mar 10

Adeninja says:

Casey Stoner

Well done Casey Stoner for winning the motogp championship , and at last for Honda an 800 champion , shame JL was ruled out of the race , hope your back soon , ok a lot will say Casey only won cos Rossi had a bad year , but its was hes choice to go to Ducati and as we all know him and hes crew said it was an easy fix to sort the Ducati , nearly one year on and sorry its still a long way off , ok there maybe an easy fix full on Alloy frame but will Ducati do it time will tell, Casey Stoner 2011 Motogp Champion , :)

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

I doubt you'd acknowledge him as great if he won the next 15 WC's. He still wears the crown at Ducati wether you accept it or not. Someday that may change, but until then.....................

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

flatsixforever

Did you find the Rossi/Honda/Yamaha domination boring and switch off then. Or did you rejoice in the supremacy of your favoured rider forging his reputation as the goat and gloat over the supremacy displayed by some of his winning margins. No cries back then from Rossi fans to provide other riders with equally competitive bikes and make the series more interesting.

Always seems to be one rule for one and one for every other rider who wins.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
acanada46

Aug 11

acanada46 says:

paceycasey

what crown does he wear at ducati ?

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

The only one that could ride it

Reply to this Topic
kl595

Nov 03

kl595 says:

Boo. Well, what I mean to say is congratulations to Casey Stoner but what a boring dismal year for motogp. Where was the challenge, the excitement of fairing bashing and competition between manufacturers? The grid got smaller as the year went on and the racing...well non existent. At least Moto2 was exciting and WSB as always entertaining and BSB even more so.

I'm losing faith with motogp. Bring back 500cc 2 strokes, no traction control, no anti wheelie, tyre sliding ring a ding ding racing. God, I love those days.

Reply to this Topic
stoner27

Jul 08

stoner27 says:

acanada46

i doubt very much you are an aussie.. which i really am and i cannot wait for the next 4 months to pass and i can fly back to my beloved country for good..get a passport for italy next year and watch rossi crying in his pasta trying to make the gp12.46 work.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices