Skip to content

Discuss This Australia MotoGP: Casey Stoner dominates to take championship MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Australia MotoGP: Casey Stoner dominates to take championship

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Tom Cambio  says:

Australia MotoGP: Casey Stoner dominates to take championship

Casey Stoner was on dominant form to win his home race at Phillip Island with a 2.2 second lead and secure the 2011 MotoGP world championship. The Repsol Honda rider made a strong start and led throughout an intermittently wet race to take the championship win with a 65 point lead over Jorge Lorenzo. The Spanish Yamaha Factory Racing rider was...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (16 October 2011 07:24)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
acanada46

Aug 11

acanada46 says:

bultoboy

casey had 4 years on the duke won the title in 2007 it was so fast down the straight cornering wasnt such a problem.2008-2010 2nd 4th 4th .in 2009 casey chose the cfframe and there lies the problem.

honda and yamaha have upped there game this year so even stoner couldnt have won on it .

Reply to this Topic
Adeninja

Mar 10

Adeninja says:

motogp

well why not do the same as moto2 one bike maker engine say Ducati and see wat the frames they all use , i dowt be an air box frame , carbon or Alloy

Reply to this Topic
acanada46

Aug 11

acanada46 says:

stoner27

i doubt you are an australian......

Reply to this Topic
HighRevz46

Sep 11

HighRevz46 says:

Bultoboy

i wasnt talking to you but yes your right no one else cares apart from me just like no one cares that your mother has hairy nipples/

Reply to this Topic
flatsixforever

Sep 11

bultoboy

Rossi made boring entertaining, I was trying to express that with Rossi competitive motogp will be better for everyone.  He was probably bored winning on the Honda and needed the switch to yamaha. The days when he allegedly used to let, albeit lesser racers, catch up just to make it more interesting for the fans  Maybe the switch to ducati is a switch too far and next season will prove this one way or the other. I believe he has got another championship in him but at 32 I'm sure he doesn't relish a career ending crash riding a bike that he struggles for confidence on.  I simply want motogp to be a better spectacle, and I was being honest by saying I am a Rossi fan but I am not interested in all the tittle tattle that goes on this forum regarding Stoner this rossi that et all.  As I said, well done and good luck to Casey.

Reply to this Topic
johnnyboysblade

Jul 08

true great??

There are a few comments on here questioning Stoners ability to really race and bash a few fairings in order to win and i agree, dont get me wrong he's fast and a good rider but has anyone seen him coming from the back of the grid to win or having a proper dust up with another decent rider this year?? No, me niether.

Its all a bit 'de ja vu' from 2007 for me, stick Stoner on the fastest bike and he'll win 9 times out of 10 cos he's off from pole and in the distance by the end of the first lap, i'd like to see him jump on a dog of a bike like Rossi did when he went to Yamaha and win the championship at the end of that year.

Even Lorenzo admits that the leading pack need Rossi in it to make it watchable, lets just hope they can pull a decent bike out of the bag at Ducati next year, im not holding my breath though cos i think a major redesign is needed, the current bike is fatally flawed!! Here's hoping...........

Reply to this Topic
acanada46

Aug 11

acanada46 says:

stoner fault

stoner had the best years out of the duke, he knew it wasnt going to get any better with the cfframe he chose.So he jumped off and rossi inherited a bike that had no chance of winning this year.

no doubt if ducati design a conventional frame and rossi is at the sharp end next year stoner lovers will still find something to MOAN about him,

Reply to this Topic
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

In the interests of fair play

I would like to point out that Lorenzo is using an injury to his finger as an excuse, Spies also used a tap on the head as an excuse, and Blimey did you see Bautista, Aoyama and Crutchlow being so stupid as to crash out.

I mean.....who`d have thought it? crashing whilst racing a motorcycle. Whatever next! 

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

well done casey

I am a die hard rossi fan and am gutted to see him struggle so much this year...the ducati is a piece of shiiite, and even casey had problems making it work( with rossi's age, titles, and money he is not going to adopt a "win-it-or-bin-it attitude" that the younger riders who are trying to prove themselves will...lets face it lads).  That said however this year casey rode and acted like a true champion and deserves every credit.  In 07 he won, yes, but anyone looking at the quatar/china/catalunya race or the laguna/misano/turkey race with an objective mind knows that the straight line speed( i mean quatar...come on...50-60 metres behind at final corner, and 50 -100 metres ahaed at end of straight) and tires respectively played a HUGE part in his success story that year.  This year he behaved with class and power like a true champion does(ala rossi), and so deserves all glory with no "ya but's".  So well done stoner you have matured into a TRUE champion, but i still want rossi to win. Cheers all

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Acanada

Get real will you

Stoner was given a choice of 2 frames for 2009, both the same design but one CF, the other alloy. That was the choice he had, he didn't specify to Preziosi what to design and build. The trellis frame was too inconsistent, that is why they changed it (that is what Ducati said by the way, not my opinion)

Out of the two frames Stoner preferred the CF one. Whether it was a flawed design was nothing to do with him. He had to choose one so chose the one he felt best with.

Interetsingly, Rossi has now had the alloy frame to try, same design as the CF and what has he done on it - gone worse or better - or no improvement. You decide.

The situation there has nothing to do with Stoner and you know it. Your favoured rider simply can't ride it.

Regardless of how successful he was on it Stoner is the only rider to have won on both a trellis frame and CF frame Ducati - in 5 years now. Hence I expect, why Pacey is ribbing you with the Crown reference.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices