Skip to content

Discuss This Australia MotoGP: Casey Stoner dominates to take championship MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Australia MotoGP: Casey Stoner dominates to take championship

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Tom Cambio  says:

Australia MotoGP: Casey Stoner dominates to take championship

Casey Stoner was on dominant form to win his home race at Phillip Island with a 2.2 second lead and secure the 2011 MotoGP world championship. The Repsol Honda rider made a strong start and led throughout an intermittently wet race to take the championship win with a 65 point lead over Jorge Lorenzo. The Spanish Yamaha Factory Racing rider was...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (16 October 2011 07:24)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Hugelean...

"a ducati that's good at 3 or 4 tracks wasn't and isn't enough"

He got podiums across the 2 years at 12 of the 18 circuits... 3 or 4 tracks?

Reply to this Topic
princeofrepsol

Mar 11

HugeDope

You are without doubt the most gormless wind up merchant I have encountered on any internet forum, for fuck sake when are you going to come up with some new material you really think I am stupid enough to take the bait and play your silly little game, it's quite the life you have made for yourself. 

Reply to this Topic
noshow

Oct 10

noshow says:

Funny the Stoner haters/ Rossi lovers are quick to take the piss out of Stoner for moaning they should go backand read there posts.

Reply to this Topic
stolkien

Aug 04

stolkien says:

the champ

well done stoner to all the hater there will be one finger on front of his bike just for you next year bring one the 1000cc bikes,thay will only make him faster

Reply to this Topic
Ocdcbr

Jul 11

Ocdcbr says:

Good on him.

Masterclass by stoner this year. A deserved champion. Shame that lorenzo's crash gifted him the title with no last gasp battle, but I don't doubt stoner would have dominated with Lorenzo there. A pitty for us Rossi fans that he crashed just as he was pushing through. If he does not push I hear "he's not trying" if he crashes loosing the notorious front end then "he's a fool for pushing". Regardless congrats to stoner!

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

OcdCbr...

That's a difficult call... I agree Rossi was pushing & that we've criticised him for not trying previously... it's where he's trying & crashing though... twice he's crashed in the wet when trying extremely ambitious moves... he's not that good in the wet anyway... why does he think he can ride faster than everyone else in the wet but when it's dry he doesn't seem to push?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
stormr

Aug 02

stormr says:

An almost faultless race and season from Casey, big respect.

I particularly liked the new definition of GOAT the BBC boys were using for Rossi- Gone Off A Tad.

As 2011 championship is now won, I thought I'd revisit my start of season predictions and see how they panned out.

"What we need now is insight into the future and I'm happy to give my crystal balls a polish and share my vision on what this might be.

Stoner will be 2011 champion - read it and weep.

Dani will become the latest victim of the Stoner team mate syndrome and will succumb to the pressure of riding injured and CS raw speed and confidence.

JLo's consistency of 2010 will desert him in the face of the Repsol whitewash and we'll see a return of his huuuugely entertaining highsides of  '09 (or was that '08 - there were so many I can't remember??)

As for Valentino, well, despite a late rush of points as he fine-tunes his footpeg positioning, Ducati quadrupling their development budget and moving to tracks where the Ducati works well, he will end up fighting with Simoncelli, Spies and Dovizioso for the remaining scraps. Not satisfied with this, Vale will join that other great sporting showman Mohammed Ali and convert to Islam. From 2012 on he will be known as Vafi Hezahazbeen (vafi from the muslim means "complete" and hezahazbeen from the 12th man album means "has been") Vafi will then declare a jihad against all infidel riders, especially that evil kangaroo worshipper Stoner."

Looks like the only thing I got wrong was giving Vafi too much credit (as usual) - his late rush has been into the gravel, not onto the podium.

Reply to this Topic
Technique

Jul 11

Technique says:

Hedgr,

No! You say "he wad greedy" because you cant admit that Rossi was actually trying. Get your mental gymnasyics correct.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Stoner -

Your birthday and the World Championship on the same day. How are you going to celebrate that tonight?
We’ve had my birthday around this time every year since 2001 so I’m pretty used to my birthday being around this stage of the season. But to win it all, the Championship, five in a row here, on my birthday, home Grand Prix, it doesn’t get a lot better than that so I’m sure we’ll enjoy it tonight!”

:laugh: :laugh:... I have my birthday at different times of the year just to confuse people.

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2011/Casey+Stoner+2011+MotoGP+World+Champion+interview

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Technique...

"No! You say "he wad greedy" because you cant admit that Rossi was actually trying. Get your mental gymnasyics correct."

I've specifically said several times that he was trying... :blink:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices