Skip to content

Discuss This Australia MotoGP: Casey Stoner dominates to take championship MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Australia MotoGP: Casey Stoner dominates to take championship

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Tom Cambio  says:

Australia MotoGP: Casey Stoner dominates to take championship

Casey Stoner was on dominant form to win his home race at Phillip Island with a 2.2 second lead and secure the 2011 MotoGP world championship. The Repsol Honda rider made a strong start and led throughout an intermittently wet race to take the championship win with a 65 point lead over Jorge Lorenzo. The Spanish Yamaha Factory Racing rider was...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (16 October 2011 07:24)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
DarkGaucho

Oct 11

DarkGaucho says:

Stats for Stoner and Rossi for MotoGP (800cc era)

Tally so far (2007 – current), both on factory machinery:-

CS27 – 2 championships

83 starts, 27 fastest laps, 33 poles, 32 wins, 57 podiums, 1407 points
Winning percentage = 38.5%, Podium percentage = 68.7%

Machinery
Honda 2011-current = 1 year,
Ducati 2007-2010 = 4 years

VR46 – 2 championships

83 starts, 16 fastest laps, 14 poles, 21 wins, 49 podiums, 1291 points
Winning percentage = 25.3%, Podium percentage = 59.0%

Machinery
Ducati 2011-current = 1 year,
Yamaha 2007-2010 = 4 years

(Stats lifted from another forum)

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Hugelean...

"Though if I'm honest it looked over at Qatar when the two honda romped off into the distance"

You dropped another one... only one Honda romped off I'm afraid... JL came 2nd. You really should stop talking complete bollox.

Reply to this Topic
warrenrichards

Aug 02

Sad Ducati

In all this Rossi/Stoner rubbish there is one thing that really make me loose respect for Ducati. No where on there website or any press releases I have read is there any congratulations to Stoner. Other manufactures and riders have paid the respect, shame ducati are so small minded.

Reply to this Topic
noshow

Oct 10

noshow says:

Doohan Interview

Good interview with Doohan honest and reliable opinion.

http://one.com.au/video.htm

then go to RPM and look for doohan interview

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

warren

what are the website? i want to read it. pls post it. thank you.

Reply to this Topic
Gpslave

Sep 11

Gpslave says:

Must have missed it

What did Rossi say about Doohan and Aggo?

Reply to this Topic
biker9999

Oct 11

biker9999 says:

Boring Boring Boring

Did I miss something on Sunday or did I not watch the world’s most boring world motorcycling champion winning the world’s smallest and most Boring MOTO GP race ever with 9 finishers, winning the most boring World Championship ever.  I am not in any way saying Casey is not a good rider, he is up there with the best of them, but let’s keep it in context. Really small fields with only two fully funded competitive manufactures do not make a worthwhile championship.  Moto 2 is now the real star of the Moto GP scene featuring good racing with a diversified field and that’s what has been keeping the MOTO GP circus going this year. Let’s not forget that what we are supporting is not just motorcycle racing but a global entertainment business. Stoners,  and others, just don’t understand this aspect of what they do.

Why is it boring well besides the above, when I watch a race I expect to see close competitive racing and if it is a bit one sided to be entertained the way Rossi did at his peak.  I seem to remember him passing his rivals in impossible places just because he could, didn’t he once pass Max Biaggi after following him for a few laps  in front of a Grandstand of filled with Biaggi fans just because that was the place to make the greatest impact.  In a reference to Rossi’s quote today bring on the snow, would Stoner even understand that comment? The only person to come close to really entertaining has been Simoncelli who between Honda, Dorna and the Health and Safety crowd has had much of the fire forced out of him.  Next year’s regulation changes had better be good and work well, but a Fireblade engine against a full 1000 works Honda – I don’t think so.   Moto GP will not be getting my hard earned cash through the gates next year.  The only thing that often makes watching Moto GP coverage worthwhile and entertaining is the Moody/Rider commentary on Eurosport.  I really fear for the future of the sport, or is the really entertaining World Superbikes the way to go.:wacko:

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Biker999...

" Why is it boring well besides the above, when I watch a race I expect to see close competitive racing and if it is a bit one sided to be entertained the way Rossi did at his peak"

I seem to remember one of Rossi's most heralded races was at this very track in 2003 where he did very little overtaking... in fact he set pole & won it by over 15 seconds in what must, for you, have been one of the most boring races in history... a shame the major overtake of note was a dangerous one under a yellow flag earning him a 10 second penalty... perhaps you'd enjoy it more if Stoner was equally as foolish.

Reply to this Topic
Mort77

Mar 09

Mort77 says:

Blame game

Aquarius mate seeing as how Casey had been asking for changes that were never forthcoming and the Ducati front end has always been the problem on the 800cc bike then the blame lies squarely at the feet of Preziosi. Or at least it does up to the point where they started making changes at the behest of ze yellow peril. From that point on Rossi must take a fair share of the blame.

Perhaps the vague front end is a part of Ducati dna? We know that Yamaha always have a bike that turns better than the others and Honda have a bike that out accelerates everything that's not the space shuttle.

I wondered what had happened to The Pog. How different history could have been if he hadn't lost his mojo. He was on the grid at a gp a few years ago (probably Misano) and he looked happy (I think he was working as a personal trainer).

Reply to this Topic
Mort77

Mar 09

Mort77 says:

Blame game

Aquarius mate seeing as how Casey had been asking for changes that were never forthcoming and the Ducati front end has always been the problem on the 800cc bike then the blame lies squarely at the feet of Preziosi. Or at least it does up to the point where they started making changes at the behest of ze yellow peril. From that point on Rossi must take a fair share of the blame.

Perhaps the vague front end is a part of Ducati dna? We know that Yamaha always have a bike that turns better than the others and Honda have a bike that out accelerates everything that's not the space shuttle.

I wondered what had happened to The Pog. How different history could have been if he hadn't lost his mojo. He was on the grid at a gp a few years ago (probably Misano) and he looked happy (I think he was working as a personal trainer).

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices