Skip to content

Discuss This Australian MotoGP: More misery for baffled Valentino Rossi MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Australian MotoGP: More misery for baffled Valentino Rossi

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Australian MotoGP: More misery for baffled Valentino Rossi

Valentino Rossi suffered another Ducati front-end crash in yesterday’s Phillip Island race that heaped more frustration and disappointment on the nine-times world champion. Rossi had just passed factory Suzuki rider Alvaro Bautista for fifth place on lap 14 at Turn 10 when he lost the front-end of his GP11.1 machine and tumbled out. Rossi was once again baffled as to why he’d...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (17 October 2011 09:28)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Not Again.....

Rossi is trying to make the bike ridable by more than one person. This is what Ducati need to happen. That is why he and Burgess are trying to put more adjustment into the bike.

If you want to believe that Rossi's sole purpose in life is to develop the bike into something everyone can ride as well or better than him, then carry on.

I guess at least he is developing it into something consistent - everyone can now finish down the bottom end of the results on it.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Even more misery?

Just had a quick look on motomatters and even on there some stats are being trotted out to prove who is best...   zzzzzzz

Of more note, I hope that Yam and Ducati do get their 1000 bikes sorted for next year. Why?

I'll let Stoner answer that one...

"The most worrying thing of all, though, was when Stoner was asked whether he would miss the 800s, as he had dominated them so thoroughly. "Definitely not!" he told reporters. "I always preferred the 1000s, and I feel a lot more comfortable on them." That does not bode well for his rivals in 2012."

Reply to this Topic
Zoggthefantastic

Sep 11

The knife through butter

Is the bit he hasn't lost IMO. Aragon was the only time rossi looked comfortable on the bike this year and what did he do? Sliced up the field like they weren't there until he ran out of tyre-just as we've seen him do many a time on the M1. I think also that to an extent rossi is being unfairly held to account. One minute everything ever said about rossi is hype and lies, the next rossi has 'lost all his talent' because he can't do the things that have been attributed to him. Which is it to be? (which is the same point bulto is making when he says you shoot your own argument)Are we suggesting rossi should have been running a PR campaign dispeling myths about himself for the last 10 years. I also think it's a shame that people are willing to accuse him of being behind all the ill will in the paddock, but in making comments like that are being just as bad. Must feel like the night of the long knives for vali.

Reply to this Topic
Mr.Number

Nov 07

Mr.Number says:

bultoboy....another boring stoner fan. Go an av a wank in his trophy cabinet, theres plenty of room in there for you. Has it crossed your mind that all the racers prefer the 1000's numpty.

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

Mr Number there ain't that much room left in there. Remind us again of how many world championships you have won.

Reply to this Topic
aquarius

Jun 09

aquarius says:

Thinks...

I really wish I could be a fly on the wall @ Ducati - or even better, in the Race Team meetings but I'm just some other bothersome insect on the other side of the World with his big ears to the ground and radar sweeping 360 degrees. A Giant Weta - the Worlds heaviest insect!

None of us knows PRECISELY what’s going on or what Preziosi has been given/told or whatever to work with or on since the VR disaster first started running off the rails. And disaster it very much is, let's face it. What we do know is that there have now been 4 x quite different chassis iterations - one of which is allegedly the 2012 bike with the motor sleeved-down to 800cc because the "old" or 2011 motor and bits simply won't fit the attachment points or however it is part of the whole. On top of that - it is very obvious that "someone" is trying to turn what "was" the Desmo into a Yamaha M1 GP bike. Every leaked piece of info shouts it.

It is a fact that Ducati closed-down their Factory WSBK Team, raised mucho extra cash via the Bonomi family (Ducati's financial partners & backers) and there are now also 2 x extra transporters at all GP meetings/venues to support Rossi (mainly) and poor largely invisible Nicky Hayden. It is a fact that Stoner couldn't get requested updates and changes from this (in reality) "small" motorcycle company while he was there - but achieved much anyway. Considering the effort, assets and huge cash that have been thrown at the entire shebang since Rossi has been there - it is an abiding mystery as to what is wrong and who is to "blame".

However, to simply hang all the fault or failure on Preziosi is a far too pat and convenient excuse. This is the preserve and wild claims of the wankers and morons that seriously believe Valentino Rossi is a combined Magician and Deity all rolled into one organism and that he isn't either mortal or has all the normal human imperfections. This is simplistic and ridiculous. How do we even know that he (Preziosi) is still, or continues on, in sole charge or control in the chassis design area? I doubt this great weight is solely on him now- given the high stakes and National embarrassment here...

There is an old saying that success has many authors but failure is an orphan. So true! Everyone @ Ducati HAS to accept responsibility here and acknowledge that they were coming off a very late, slow and rearguard attempt to crank the bike into full competitiveness. I am so impressed that Hayden & Rossi have held their tongues in the face of their frustrations. Of course, the other side of that particular coin is that they DO accept they are part of the Team and share the blame and the burden of all the negativity too. Rossi has always been "oversold" by the bike media - and I for one of quite a few impartial & wiser heads - predicted that the "Dream Team" springing from his signing would have a VERY hard row to hoe. And so it has transpired. Cheers

Reply to this Topic
veronicaisl

Aug 11

veronicaisl says:

Good news for vale...Unlimited testing for 2012.

The motogp rules in winter testing is now unlimited for 2012...Good news for ducati and new team CRT to improved their bikes and i think this is also important for suzuki if they stay. Carlo pernant a ducati manager says if i were rossi i will ride in LCR honda and im very much agree with his suggestion and ducati can get alvaro bautista. Good news for every one. I can't wait for 2012.

Reply to this Topic
aquarius

Jun 09

aquarius says:

veronicaisi....

Sorry - Carlo Pernat is definitely NOT a Ducati Manager, nor is he formally or directly connected to or with Ducati in any way.

Pernat is credited with being the GP guru who first recruited Valentino Rossi when he was CompetitionManager for Aprilia way back when circa 1994/95. He has been around Grand Prix motorcycle racing for decades. These days he manages a stable of riders which includes Marco Simoncelli and does "media reports & opinion pieces" for the Italian motorsport website  www.gpone.com

He is currently advocating that the best thing Rossi & Ducati could do is have an amicable "divorce" and urges Rossi to go and get a Honda ride @ LCR. Cheers

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

IDIOT

HOW COULD YOU ALL 9 TIMES LUCKY WC, ASS DEVELOPER, MASTER MOANING FANS OF ROSSI SAID IT'S THE BIKE PROBLEM?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HALLOOOOOOO???????? AS FAR AS I REMEMBER YOU ALL SAID IT'S STONER THAT THE PROBLEM. YOU SAID IT'S MR. CRASHY IS THE PROBLEM. AND AS FAR AS MY ASS STILL TIGHT (i pray it still that way) YOUR GOAT (god of ass talk) SAID STONER NOT PUSH ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT A PACK OF C**K SUCKER!!! KEEP YOUR ASS THE WAY IT SHOULD BE AND THAN YOU COULD RIDE THE BEAST OF DUCATI! THANK YOU.

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

LCR

rossi go to LCR????? i stop posting in this side IF THAT GOING TO HAPPEN.

HONDA has vendeta agains him! shuhei has vendeta agains him cause spread rumour about gear box! he said, "... ask the foolish guy who spread the word!" do you think he would accept someone he hate ride his machine???? well, if LCR buy ducati machine it could happen. LOL.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices